1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World SBK | ROUND 09 | Pirelli Portuguese Round | 07 - 09 OCT

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Oct 4, 2022.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That leaves your ears free for the videos. They're mostly talk anyway. Not unlike podcasts, in fact. :D

2. mike998b

mike998b Well-Known Member

According to the race report Jake had the slowest top speed during the race 294.km/h. Nozane was 297, the fish was 295 on his Honda.
    Toprak was the fastest at 316, GG and Locatelli 310 and 311.
    https://resources.worldsbk.com/file....pdf?version=34719452f43480c191faa1879b8c9188

Last edited: Oct 8, 2022
  3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Suddenly, nobody's talking about Garrett Gerloff's neutered top speed. Some of y''all guys are great for entertainment. :D

Robby-Bobby and Boman Forklift like this.
  4. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

There seem to be a lot of I told you so’s coming out from people who didn’t have an opinion before the race started.

SundaySocial likes this.
  5. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

I think having some support from home is gonna lift GG up a notch.

Once he is at BMW he will be able to speak frankly about what happened in the Yamaha camp.

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Hey, I'm always up for some good entertainment but I think there's going to be a lot of disappointment in the power of those expected bombshells.

koth442 likes this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

8. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

High hopes...I would expect nothing different if a wsbk team came over here to say Road America. Gonna struggle without set up time on the track.

9. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Has anyone actually been beating that drum in the past 9-10 months? Pretty sure it was a theory that fizzled out a LONG time ago.

I was hoping for Jake to make more progress in the race but finishing 34 seconds back and 17 seconds behind Garrett is respectable if not impressive. Obviously he'd have been further back if the race was the originally planned 20 laps but still - not miles off from a points scoring position.

10. koth442

koth442 Well-Known Member

Interesting.

WSBK allows different gear ratios than MA? Maybe they went too short on the gears?

I look forward to what they can find overnight. If they make improvements tomorrow I'll be happy.

11. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

You mean what Big Ben did after he left Yamaha in MotoGp? Hint: he didn’t say much…

kirk erlinger likes this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Trust me, if a WSBK team flew over for a off-one race in America, you wouldn't catch me predicting that they were going to shock America. I know better than that.
    You need to get your glasses adjusted, my friend. The drum is alive and beaten. :D

younglion likes this.
  13. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Huge congrats to Kayla. She's our best placing American by far. :bow:

henry_carlson and Ducman851 like this.
  14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I told Yamaha GMT 94's boss to keep an eye on her this weekend. Just spoke to him: he was really impressed and enjoyed meeting her and her dad. She is definitely making a name for herself.

JJJerry, 418, YamRZ350 and 8 others like this.
  15. koth442

That's awesome!!

Boman Forklift likes this.
  16. koth442

I really haven't followed those rumors much but you seem to have better knowledge than most. I'm curious what info you can share?

javyday likes this.
  17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't have any particular knowledge of what's happening inside GRT. I'm just navigating on common sense. :D

metricdevilmoto likes this.
  18. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I wonder if there are challenges with getting the
    electronics dialed in for the tires and the track. Based on the comments about the engine braking, they might be having trouble getting the electronics sorted on corner exit as well as corner entrance. Getting the bike geometry and the software right for corner exit probably drives a lot of the trap speed gap. In all the data reviews Stanboli does, Jake doesn’t seem shy about cracking open the throttle early and hard.

19. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Attack is now refining the myriad of variables that the regular teams have long since addressed. They will get better. The WSBK paddock is very good right now. Anything inside top 12-15 and you have to beat talented riders on quality teams/bikes. No easy task. I do think this will energize the team to be better next year. It’s easy to think you’ve peaked when you’re a big fish in a small pond. Now they are in the big pond and can see first hand the potential performance level.

mike998b and hotnail like this.
  20. koth442

I think you're right. Regardless of how Attack does this weekend, it's shown Stamboli Attack can be better.