1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats going on in Oregon?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by joec, Jan 3, 2016.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

2. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

3. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

Since when does Black Lives Matter have anything to do with camping?

4. caboose

caboose I love peanut butter!

Bureau Of Land Management.

I was confused at first too.

5. ped

ped Banned

BLM = bureau of large muskrats

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Bodacious Large Mammaries

GixxerBlade and crashman like this.
  7. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

Aww jeez, please look back to my original post to mongo and then ped's retarded response to it. Then the irony won't be lost.

8. ped

ped Banned

you just called infered caboose is retarded

9. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

Brown Lactating Momacitas

10. caboose

caboose I love peanut butter!

I have my moments.

11. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

Read your post that I responded to and you're right. I didn't interpret it correctly. Apologies

12. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

When their protests burns down and loots a bunch of private businesses and private property let me know...until then they are LDS white guys on a winter camping trip.

June-yer likes this.
  13. ped

ped Banned

You're overlooking the core similarities. They're not protesting over what government is doing with their personal land, they're protesting over control of land they don't even own.

The infantile entitlement is the same

14. chas

chas Well-Known Member

So who owns it? That's what they are protesting. They are not saying they own it. They are saying that the federal government doesn't own it and that the states own it and that the federal government needs to return it to the states.

15. ped

ped Banned

16. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

You are exactly right. Of course, the Federal Government claimed the land before there were even any states in the Western half of the country to begin with for the most part. Also, of course, the Federal government took the land away from the Native Americans who had been living on the land for several thousand years before the white people got here in the first place.

It rightfully should not belong to the Feds or the states. Personally, I would like to see the land opened back up as lands that are for everyone's use with no claims being allowed to it's personal ownership. The Indians did not claim ownership as they felt that it was part of mother Earth and belonged to no one. I suppose though that someone has to have some kind of control over it's use just to enforce it's openness. Damn, this is getting complicated.

17. ped

ped Banned

no

tax payers

No

which is what they're protesting

it does own it and it does manage it (hence bureau of land MANAGEMENT)

no they want it given to them personally to do whatever they want with it. Nowhere has anyone said anything about state or federal government management. This is about wanting something for free for their own personal use to poach, graze, mine, etc.

That's exactly where it is now. You can camp, graze, hunt, drill, chop trees, etc.. with a permit

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  18. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

And the state then upholds the federal gov't position.

What then?.....

19. ped

ped Banned

it's pretty simple...IT'S NOT YOUR PROPERTY

doesn't matter who hold the deed; private, fed, state. it's not yours either way.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  20. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Someone needs to send those folks some "French Vanilla creamer", as it seems living off the land doesn't provide any.