What Are Your Street Bikes?

Discussion in 'General' started by Kyle Brosius, Apr 19, 2018.

1. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Nice Pic! So they paved TWO?

2. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

Yep, and all of 60 just south of Suches was repaved this Spring, along with 180 being done not too long ago, I’ll be up there before Father’s Day for sure!

3. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

My son, almost 10 years removed from this (and saying back then that he would never ride on the street again)...

upload_2018-6-8_13-6-34.png

...went and got this last week to use as a "commuter" bike:

upload_2018-6-8_13-8-16.png

He tells me that this bike is fun as f@ck and he can't stop thinking about riding it.

Gawddammit! This motorcycle stuff really is a disease. He's already looking at buying some aftermarket bits for it and he also says that it might be fun to flick around at a trackday. I can only hope that, since he has a family now, this won't evolve into something like what we had going on before. :eek:

It's also kinda funny that he now has a 'Learners Permit' for riding in the state of Illinois. He has taken the written test but still has to take the riding test to qualify for the full endorsement. Good luck son! :D

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  4. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Woot! Didn’t know that. May have to go on a mtn run soon.

5. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

I was there two weeks ago and it was awesome :)

6. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Only bike I have left.

[​IMG]

7. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Gonna try one of these now :D

Picked it up Saturday new leftover 2016

[​IMG]

First Triumph :cool:

Montoya likes this.
  8. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

is that basically the same 3 banger as the 675?

9. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

800 supposedly based on the 675. DO NOT expect 675-like performance....I was wildly disappointed when I rode one. More like a much healthier DL650.

TurboBlew likes this.
  10. roy826ex

It seems pretty quick at least through the gearbox which I was pleasantly surprised was Suzuki like slick. I have not revved on it much yet since it’s new and I wanted to heat cycle it a couple of times like I typically do a new bike. Having owned the Vstrom 650 which I like and a 1000 which I didn’t like to much this seems middle of the road. Not as torquey as my Yamaha Super T by any stretch.

I do like the WP suspension it works for me very good from my first 100 miles on it. I took a couple a clicks out of front compression and added a 1/2 turn of rebound on rear and I’m quite happy with it. The 21” front wheel will take me a little time to gain confidence in it on pavement but when I darted across my property on it all grass with bumps it felt at home.

Jumped off a sidewalk at the bass pro yesterday on it and that was what I been missing on the big sport tourer Concours 14.

Brakes are good on it. Riding position with seat in high position good for me and my knees. Bars are nice and wide, I like that. Wind protection not the best but adequate. Seat is comfy enough for me. I’m not doing big heavy side cases just a giant loop bag and a wolfman duffle. Not looking for extreme off road adventures on it I have a real dirtbike if I want to do that stuff.

11. roy826ex

Shit no one buying new bikes anymore no wonder this industry is dying. Just bullshit talk I got a shitty day job is all that takes place here. :rolleyes: Sad, u saps should ride more type less and buy shit!

On to more important shit now I bought another Badass Honda today. 2017 Africa Twin DCT, thing is so out there in a good way. Like learning a new video game. Paddle shift levers and shit I love it! Lots of buttons Broome.

No clutch lever, no gear shifter, the thing flat works no matter how you push it. The manual paddle downshift into a turn is gold! Then let it upshift in auto on exit.

Good bye Triumph Tiger hello Honda badassery! :D

[​IMG]

BTW I loved the Tiger 800 XC it was a GSXR 750 ADV bike. Still got it if anyone’s interested just hit me up I’ll sell it to you. ;)

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    TurboBlew likes this.
  12. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Quoted for posterity.

roy826ex likes this.
  13. ZimZam

ZimZam Well-Known Member

'01 K1200RS my daily driver

14. roy826ex

Thanks for catching that.

Goes to show you cell phones are much dumber than the modern motorcycles we ride. :D