Union greed may kill company and Mongo!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Dave K, Nov 15, 2012.

1. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Guess they have to get the cake from Sara Lee.

3. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

4. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

5. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Won the battle, lost the war. Sounds like their brother Teamster Union members might be a bit miffed.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Won the battle? They lost the battle, lost the war and lost 18,000 plus jobs.

They'll spin it or try.

The brands will be bought up and go on but the jobs are gone.

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Nah man, they didn't cave. They stood up to the man and showed him they weren't gonna take pay cuts, reduced benefits and a 25% stake in the company. Bravo.

9. Howlie2

Howlie2 In middle-dodging traffic

The trouble with chicken is when neither driver swerves, the cars collide and everyone loses. It is a sad day for all involved.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

A lot of fingers can be pointed in every direction. A former management that treated the company as their Amex black card, a stupid union that ultimately killed it, lawyers who will get rich off the death. . . Gawd, it's a mess.

I'm still pissed but I'm starting to switch over to thinking about the 18K plus who are lossing their jobs just before christmas.

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

They should beat the crap out of their union advisors. They will still be getting paid.

12. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

Not sure that really fits here since it looks like one side wasn't just playing.

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The freakin' Teamsters told the baker's union that management wasn't f@ckin' around about liquidation but they kept right on with their strike. Good gawd, the sheer stupidity of the baker's union is beyond understanding. It's criminally retarded.

14. ductune

ductune Well-Known Member

15. Lawn Dart

This is probably a matter of my ignorance, but if you're that close to the edge, and have been for some time, wouldn't ya/couldn't ya/shouldn't ya go out and hire scabs? I mean seriously, we ain't talking about mixing napalm or controlled substances here... Most of that shit's gotta be premeasured and automated... You just gotta have a strong back and a hair net, right?

16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The Teamsters said Thursday that the Bakers' union should hold a secret ballot on the company's offer, rather than the voice votes that were held in union halls around the country that authorized the decision to strike.

"It is difficult for Teamster members to believe that is what the [Bakers' union] Hostess members ultimately wanted to accomplish when they went out on strike," said the Teamsters' statement.

This is ironic in light of them pushing the Employee Free Choice Act.
    They're basically saying exactly what opponents of the act were saying, that people would feel forced to vote against their own wishes if there was no secret balloting to institute a union.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You could hire scabs but it'd take quite awhile to teach them the jobs. You also have another union inhouse and scabs and teamsters don't mix all that well.

18. Lawn Dart

Interesting... We're busy villifying the employees, but here again, there's banks involved in running the company into the ground... Imagine that...

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

....outsource production to China or India, wouldn't that be something?

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, a loaf of wonder bread would be just fine after 5 weeks at sea in a shipping container. :D