To be 1million% sure - Solo20

Discussion in 'General' started by KILLEN, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They're more than twice as long as a sprint, why would we decrease the fees? That and seriously, do the math - decrease the entry fees by the amount we paid out, where exactly does that help us have more income?

2. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

Taken off the WERA homepage:

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Huh? We paid money for Solo's in vegas, not trophies.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Because $80 for an all day practice won't pay the bills. We charge more than that for a Friday - why would is decrease for Saturday?

You guys seem to have a really distorted idea of what it costs to put on an event.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah and it's increased a hell of a lot more than our fees have. We honestly just haven't kept pace over the years with our increased costs.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Been there done that - the solo's are more popular.

7. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

Wait...
    I just re-read the thread....

We only get trophies?
    No Points?
    No Championships?

(un-like)
    I thought we traded Cash for the same system as sprints.
    Wood and Points.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

30th, 31st, whatever. They happen prior to May 1 and that's all that matters.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You thunk wrong.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What would points get you? Seriously - at the end of the year, what will you get for having points in those races?

We can do it, easily, but why? We have a full set of sprints to win championships in, what's a reason to add the solos - other than it sounds good.

11. DangerZone

DangerZone CAUTION!

Like I said, :Poke: :D

I heard they changed the Zodiac; thought maybe they added a day! :p

12. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

the solo 20 at Nashville is 20 laps, right?

13. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Say what? I can finish a 16 or 18-lap solo, and I have a child your age!

14. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I think so.

15. DangerZone

DangerZone CAUTION!

If I may, I believe you read it wrong. The "10 Laps" is in parenthesis following the word Vintage indicating 10 laps for Vintage classes. Solo's should still be 20 laps. Sunday sprints are also 10 laps, except for minis.

:up:

16. chest2tank

chest2tank Well-Known Member

Trophies make me want to race on Saturday now and shoot Sundays. It's all about the bling, right?

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, Joe is just confused, schedule is labeled the same as always, solo's are labeled with how many laps they are - Solo20, Solo16, whatever. The 10 laps in parentheses behind the Vintage sprints is telling you how many laps they are.

18. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

In sprint racing you are of course chasing points and if you are fast enough you chase a championship. Part of the fun is seeing where you stand against your fellow racers/competition. Most times your friends/Buddies. It does sound cool to finish the year XX place in a Solo 20 champion ship. It gives you something to shot for.

A lot of people may go to a less than desirable track just to chase the points. As you guys know consistent top 3 guys don’t care about trophys that much and leave boxes of them at the track for fire wood.

Setting up points or/and s championship is free so I would ask the question of Why not?
    It’s more of a pro vs. a con. The transition from a Paid race to a Points/Championship race will go down smoother with some and it just adds the icening on the cake that sells it. Also it will get recognition in RRW at the end of the season.

The only part I wonder, if you finish top 5 in points for a Novice solo 20, do you get promoted to expert at seasons end.

I think for a majority of the Club racers this is for fun. It is a cool factor that goes along with racing vs. TD only, so having points or a championship added to solos is in fact cool. (And something that can be added for free) :D

19. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Except at Nashville???
    I am even more confused now. Schedules says sprints and solos are 10 laps. I say I thought they were 20 laps, you say I thought wrong, but then say they are double a sprint. :confused:

20. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Ok, The "vintage" being ten laps makes sense now. I read wrong, not thought wrong.

Damnit mongo. I am not a smart man, but momma says stupid is as stupid does sir.