To be 1million% sure - Solo20

Discussion in 'General' started by KILLEN, Apr 14, 2011.

1. KILLEN

KILLEN Ninjafied

Coming soon, there will be ZERO payouts for the Solo-20 races?

So everything will remain the same as in the rule book, but without a payout?

And that is for every region?

Just making sure I am understanding correctly...

2. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

Mongo, so no solo payout at Nelson? The article in RRW made is sound like it would start after Nelson? Again, I don't personally care, just don't want to be the ahole that asks for money if we aren't getting it :D

3. Who says you would be gettin' any anyway? :Poke:

:D

4. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Hopefully this will help WERA stay around.. so instead of payouts, can we get paid points for a solo champion? :D

5. Only if the points earned the Solo races go towards the "Overall Champion". :D

6. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

I like the idea of 1st - 3rd solo trophies :up:

Money gets spent, but trophies last forever :D

7. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

cuz I gots me a cool 750

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, it sucks but we sat down and figured it out and the 52k we paid out last year would go a long long long way to helping pay for Saturday track expenses. Saturdays have been paid for by Sunday for pretty much as long as I've been involved with WERA. Yes, we do realize the grids for the solos will suffer but since there are realistically only 3-5 winning anything most weekends it shouldn't hurt a lot - and certainly not as much as 52k will help us.

Once things pick back up we'll go back to doing cash payouts.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Boss lady set May 1 as the date so since the Solo's are on the 31st they'll pay.

10. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

Darn...:(

Sucks, but every facet of business is making dramatic changes to their model during these times. Change sucks but we need to adapt to help wera stick around!

11. Asshole. :D

I shoulda kept that damn thing.

12. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

this may sound crazy....
    but im more excited for the trophies than the payout.
    My finished in solos always were better than sprints...so im hype now :clap: :clap:

13. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

Bidness gotta do what it's gotta do. Hopefully this will keep the series alive until the economy perks again. It's unfortunate that without the lure of money some of the elite racers won't make the scene, but that has the benefit of making it a more feasible race for us club folks who aren't that serious.

I wasn't intending to do any solos this year, but may change my mind now.

14. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

After that solo race in the sleet @ Summit I'd rather have had a trophy - then I could've had Jesus and Elvis sign it for me in T1, where I saw both of them repeatedly.

15. mkinzer

mkinzer Well-Known Member

So now we can have a "super lightweight" solo 20 for us Ninja 250 guys, right?

16. No.

17. KILLEN

KILLEN Ninjafied

Would be cool to tally up point for Solo's....

18. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

ever considered Sat as practice only and all races on Sunday?? kind of like the Henry Degouw schedule? Just curious

19. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

:crackup:

Haters got to hate.

20. mkinzer

mkinzer Well-Known Member

We could just be scored separately within the Lightweight solo.