1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Supersport 300 World Championship

Discussion in 'General' started by bEeR, Sep 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Not in place of the 600 classes but open up to intro class that is just the KTM RC Cup right now.

2. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

What am I missing? Why include the Honda 500R instead of the Honda 300R?

3. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

the 286 is a turd, while the 471 actually might have a chance

joec and r6boater like this.
  4. FTFY :D

ekraft84 likes this.
  5. Because Honda's are slow frozen turds.

6. metricdevilmoto

Ah, a Honducati rules package.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I think it's f@ckin' stupid. Leave something to the various National championships and stop trying to fill the paddock and empty racers pockets.

JTW likes this.
  8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

The kids gotta learn how to race somewhere.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They are, they're doing it in the KTM cup this year. Straight from minis or whatever. It'll keep them from coming through any sort of club racing ranks.

It'll be great for MA. Won't do much for the kids, will actually put a lot of them out of the running for lives of racing even sooner as they'll run out of money much much quicker. Same as the KTM's already do. Looks really cool but the reality is it will make them less prepared than going through the ranks normally does.

V5 Racer and cajun636 like this.
  10. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Some of us dont need to compensate for anything:D

Gorilla George likes this.
  11. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

We had to prove expert level race finishes in club level racing to get Draik into MotoAmerica. I don't see them skipping straight from minis to MA. The grids are already healthy.

12. :D

Im just super pumped that i was able to get that on the first reply in the thread. :crackup:

britx303 likes this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've seen it happen. The consider the mini clubs to be sanctioning bodies and accept them as proof.

14. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Aahhh....the simple pleasures in life:p

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Like WERA? :D

Learning to race on a world stage is going to burn up kids and parents savings. I HATE the idea of kids learning race craft on a world stage.

16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Some of the "kids" that are in the RC-cup are already in their early 20's I think. And most of them have been racing for many years already on MINI-mini bikes. I think more than simply "learning to race" its more acclimating them to competing on a larger stage....kinda of like the Redbull Rookies Cup does, no?

Gorilla George likes this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

A number went from minis to KTM pro racing. I'm not sure that is the best way to do it for the riders and certainly not for the families and paying the bills if you want them to be able to stay in the sport long term.

18. metricdevilmoto

Which ones? All of the kids that did the KTM gig that I'm aware of locally also put a bunch of weekends in with CCS. And the majority of those kids were the ones at the pointy end.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not going there. Choose to believe I know what I'm talking about or not there's no need to bring any specific people into it.

The point still stands, I do not believe a kids class at the pro level is a good idea for the sport as a whole. It's great KTM is helping, I can't blame MA for doing it - and they did split it east/west to try and keep it from being as much travel expense.

Then again I see a lot of club level 600 riders blowing their budget on going pro long before their ready too. Can't really do anything to fix that one either. Just sucks as it takes good riders out of the sport before they would be out otherwise.

V5 Racer and Boman Forklift like this.
  20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

2 I can think of right off the top of my head....and on their way to Assen as we speak :D

metricdevilmoto likes this.