1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some of you claim the KKK isn't a Christian organization...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by The Dung Beetle, Dec 13, 2015.

1. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

yes, because that would be stupid....just like your contention they are a Christian group.

2. According to them they are, and I've even heard them quote scripture in support of their twisted beliefs. Not much different than ISIS in that regard, although as I have already acknowledged, ISIS currently does more damage.

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

No doubt he isn't the expert on Muslims and the ME that you are, but he probably has some insight.

4. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Fair enough... Just seems an odd comparison to me when you get into it...but as a condemnation of an entire religion.. I guess you use what is there.

5. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

OK then here it is.

What is the percentage of Christians that support the KKK today?

What is the percentage of Muslims that support ISIS?
    Violent Jihad?
    Sharia law?

To many it is the definition of 'few' that is disturbing. If the KKK supporters were 10% of American Christians (it is not a world wide phenomenon so comparing world wide would be misleading) then I would say Christians have an issue. However I suspect it is far less than 1%.

Compare that to the questions aimed at Muslims and world wide I think you will find numbers above the 10% and maybe even in the US. Certainly that means 90% are good but one in ten is not a 'few'

I will leave more google fu to you but here is a starter http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/...ligion-politics-society-beliefs-about-sharia/

6. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

They claim to be Christian. ISIS claims to be Islamic.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

8. Shyster d'Oil

You are just guessing, but to say there are not Muslims who do not support ISIS would be delusional.

The study doesn't reflect a support or rejection of ISIS. It is pretty interesting though. Here's a tidbit that I cherry-picked:

"Among Muslims who support making sharia the law of the land, most do not believe that it should be applied to non-Muslims. Only in five of 21 countries where this follow-up question was asked do at least half say all citizens should be subject to Islamic law."

9. In Your Corner

10. In Your Corner

That's like a few hundred people, right?

11. R Acree

R Acree Banned

How would you reconcile different laws for different groups, particularly when there are some significant conflicts in those laws? I love your country but demand not to be prosecuted if I kill my daughter for embarrassing the family.

speeddaddy likes this.
  12. turtlecreek

You
    You are smarter than that. If you read what I wrote, you cannot deny that ISIS can be shown to follow mohommed, but you cannot link kkks actions to Christ. Sorry, you lose. Good day sir.

speeddaddy likes this.
  13. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

I am not guessing there have been surveys (like that in the link). Also I said the OPPOSITE of "there are not Muslims who do not support ISIS". Rather I pointed out that if the support level is even 10% (the link says it is a LOT higher around the world for Sharia Law) then it is not a 'few'.

In other words if the world wide support of ISIS by Muslims had the same percentage as the USA support of the KKK then the problem would be tiny. However it is not.

Further I stated that was a start point and did not mean it to apply to all three questions. As to your 'tidbit' if only half the Muslims that support Sharia Law think it should be applied to everyone then it is still a ton of people that I am going to feel threatened by. If a practicing Muslim self practices I am fine with that but if someone comes to my house to collect the infidel tax it might end poorly.

turtlecreek likes this.
  14. Shyster d'Oil

There should be no reconciliation. Civil law trumps religious law in the U.S.

I don't like the idea of an Islamic State, Jewish State or Christian State. You?

15. Shyster d'Oil

Many Islamic scholars disagree with you about ISIS.

You don't want to admit this, as a supposed Christian, but the KKK has always been Christian, and has despised Jews, Muslims and even other Christian groups over the last two centuries.

16. Shyster d'Oil

I pretty much agree. But you can't equate a belief in Sharia law with support for ISIS. You've got to remember that it's Muslims who are fighting ISIS.

17. Shyster d'Oil

Good article. I bet some folks didn't really read it though.

I think he was writing about you, Mike.

"The analytical approach I’m proposing comes with its own risks. Underscoring the power of religion in general, and Islam in particular, may provide fodder for bigots who might latch on to our statements and misuse them for their own ends."

18. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

As a confirmed bigot it is impossible for me to be offended. You brought up the KKK in a way with the purpose to offend all Christians. There is nothing the KKK stands for that is Christ like or in the bible. Muzrats on the other hand are in keeping with the tenants of Islam, all of them. There is no parallel.

19. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

Not only that but he also describes himself as a small l liberal. Which, like Islamic Muzrats, supports collective thought that is counter to individualism, one of the main foundations of the free world.

turtlecreek likes this.
  20. turtlecreek

I don't admit to something that isn't so. Feel free to show how kkk is following Christ. Your certainty has me quivering in my boots.