1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, you wanna work in show business?

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Mar 5, 2022.

1. 27

27 Well-Known Member

You know I think it’d be great to have a very public ending to every single person that flew on that plane or went to that island… there is no way the world wouldn’t be a much better place…

KneeDragger_c69, Banditracer and brex like this.
  2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

His rider specifies every person backstage including catering and security be masked.

He just showed up without a mask. Of course.

Fuck this guy.

3. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

He's a complete Grifter douchebag.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Davros wrecked strippers like Mongo wrecks pies.

5. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Any idea how many tickets were sold?

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Sold out.

7. 27

27 Well-Known Member

I got it wrong anyway… just looked it up… Beakman had the hot assistant chick… and wth are you watching Brit shit for?!? They’re not even remotely entertaining and the only kind of funny they are is funny looking :)

8. 27

27 Well-Known Member

what is it anyway? Like a traveling planetarium or something? I’m sure it’s just a bunch of douchetastic idiots that want to say they went as it’s the cool thing to do…. Cough and sneeze on him and explain the simple math of 95 microns Vs everything that may fly out of your face… ignorance man all of it

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Because I root for the Daleks. :D

the cybermen don’t totally suck.

27 likes this.
  10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

It's just him. I had my guys hang our 40ft screen and we rented two 30k projectors. That's it.

27 likes this.
  11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Do you actually try and watch these gigs when you can?

Gawd, I’d want to jump in front of a bus over 90% of the stuff you work.

do you work a pool, a venue or just free lance?

27 likes this.
  12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I'm onstage for everything. Usually reading or on here complaining.

YamahaRick and Jed like this.
  13. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Hopefully pays well or you'd go postal. ;)

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Today is a blues festival. Tbh it's a great business. Better than riding a desk and I've done that too.

15. 27

27 Well-Known Member

you working in Asheville or Charlotte on these gigs? Or you work all the venues in your area? Or just one place?

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I'm head carp at Steven Tanger Center for a The Performing Arts and advance carp for Hamilton. I don't have much time for anything else but do pinch hit other Broadway tours once in a while.

27 likes this.
  17. 27

27 Well-Known Member

wow! Nice and big and new it says… I’m sure that a permanent stage venue has to be better than temp stage in a sports arena shows… for set up at least…

18. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Science is some between the edjumicated kooks saying everything I say is legit and mouth breathing Neanderthals saying nothing is legit.
    NDG is def more entertainment than hard science guy, he and his ilk make me vomit in me own mouth.
    Some great guys and gals on the utubular breaking it down old school with the maths and source background.

19. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

@Steeltoe , what is a carp, other than the invasive fish killing everything in KY, IL, and other nearby states (damn chinese fish)?

20. brex

brex Well-Known Member

enter.

AC1108 likes this.