1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School Me on the new Bronco

Discussion in 'General' started by BC, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Time marches on. At one point the SRT-10 was the top of the heap in useless, stupid and over powered trucks. Now it doesn't even come close.

ducnut likes this.
  2. BigBird

BigBird blah

As an FYI...a 2015+ GTI with a $700 Tune is faster on a roll than all those cars you mentioned, even if they are tuned to.

But yeah...AMG has factory 2.0T with 400+ hp ...#boostislyfe

Gino230 and Boman Forklift like this.
  3. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Granted .. a turbo will give more boost .. but in my thinking , I keep my vehicles like forever . That meaning close to 300,000. Miles . You will never approach that kinda of miles in a 4 cylinder , and even less in a boosted motor .

CRA_Fizzer and ducnut like this.
  4. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

I’ve been seeing a lot of Bronco Sports driving around Detroit. They blend right in, just like an Escape. I believe Ford will do well with this competing against Jeep and the likes in the “Secretary” vehicle department.

The bigger Bronco prototypes have been on road around here for over a year. That truck has a lot of potential and looks pretty cool.

Regarding a turbo 4....I can’t tell you how many Mustangs, Chargers and the like that I embarrass with my Allroad 2.0 that’s running a K04 with rods/pistons and full exhaust.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  5. BigBird

BigBird blah

#boomer

motoracer1100 likes this.
  6. BigBird

BigBird blah

7. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

There should be another guy standing right behind with a glass bottle that says 6 cyl turbo on it!

BigBird likes this.
  8. motoracer1100

I noticed the V-8 guy has a weapon in his hand ready to bash the 4 cylinder dude in the head ... lol:D

9. motoracer1100

Yeah ... some Gay Dude , driving a Grand National :Poke::D

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

Supra, M3, Skyline GT-R, Twin-Turbo 300Z and 400Z and a bunch of others :D

11. motoracer1100

My version is funnier ... or maybe it was a Turbo Mini Van :clap::Poke::crackup:

BigBird likes this.
  12. BigBird

BigBird blah

so you haven't see the video...

auminer likes this.
  13. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

I have close to 200k with my lightly modded 2006 Saabaru. (STI turbo/intercooler/mild tune. About 300/300) More disappointed in the internal rear quarter panel rot, than the engine. And it still hasn't broken the ring lands yet. LOL.

motoracer1100 and BigBird like this.
  14. motoracer1100

Nope .. post it up right here for me :D

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

yeah...right after I take off on the treadmill with my plane.

Gino230 likes this.
  16. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

How about Chevette or Vega?:crackup:

Yesterday at Menards I got the honor to watch some retread with a new gladiator trying to put a washer and dryer in the back of it and trying to tie it down using twine. :crackup:

Pixelator likes this.
  17. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

My brother had a Citation in high school. A manual transmission. That car sucked. But, he had wheels.

18. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Very happy with the Turbo 4 in my Wrangler 4D. 270hp/290tq. Both more than the old 8 cyl V8 Wranglers of yore but I get 21mpg. Smooth as silk with the 8 spd.

19. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

And the new 6 cyl turbo Porsche will smoke them all...2.2 seconds 0-60.

Phl218 likes this.
  20. motoracer1100

Well numbers for the most part don’t lie ... the 304 used in the CJ series suffered greatly number wise due to pollution controls installed at factory. In my case , all of my Jeep’s had less than 100 miles on them before removal of those controls and installation of Headers and free flow muffler system along with drilling out gas inlet to allow use of leaded fuel . These mods increased HP and Torque #’s significantly although I never Dyno’d it to know they actually were . no way can I make the argument that those older motors can compare to modern ones especially in the miles per gallon department and major improvements in transmission design . But they were stone dead reliable and most importantly I could work on them in the unlikely event something went wrong . Can’t say the same with current engines .

Pixelator and sdiver like this.