1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School Me on the new Bronco

Discussion in 'General' started by BC, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Status is “ordering with dealer”. The dealer put an order in under my name without my approval. I went in to get it configured how I want and the dealer couldn’t edit that order and put a new one in for me instead. So I have an order Linked to the reservation that is priority 99 (on hold) and a new order priority 10 I think that is in queue. I have a signed sales agreement for the “new” order but I know it put me at the bottom of the list. I pestered the dealer to fix out and link to my reservation and they couldn’t figure out out. Shit show. Ford customer service hasn’t been able to do anything and says the dealer has to fix it.

2. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

You need another dealer. You are being played and will probably never get one. If your order status isn't ordered then it isn't ordered. And FYI they can change orders all the way until the vin is assigned. Your first bronco got sold to someone else

3. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

How many cars do you have? I think you're on the road a lot... who's handling the cars for you?

4. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

I’m only on the road March April may and October and nov . “I pup LOL My mom brother and gf all help me when they can...takes a village but I realistically could stand to hire someone but they all seem to have a little fun with it . I’ve got 6 cars I rent and 2 bikes . I have auto wash passes for the cars and sun pass for airport parking . I do a lot of blink picks and drops at the airport as long as they’re well rated . I take very detailed pics and the vehicles are all gps tracked thru ford sync and a backup system I installed . The motos I have to be there to rent out , just to feel them out . I’ve turned a couple guys away . Hoping to have 2 slingshots by November when “season” starts down here in south Florida.

5. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

Also , you can order with a dealer all you want but perhaps they don’t have the allocation yet ...I’ve got standing orders at dealers and I always try to do that when a hot new car comes in . Bronco Vette etc
    I’ve flipped 12 Broncos and 5 vettes . Public enemy number 1 . Will
    Be interesting to see how much ford and gm will try to stop this moving forward. They’ve talked a big game on flippers but it’s hard to stop .

6. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

I always thought that would be fun renting bikes, I know two guys who did it.
    One with Vintage Honda XRs ,XLs and Yamaha DTs.
    The other with newer machines and he offered desert tours.
    They both..have stopped doing it,.
    I thought bout it with (small scale) w suspended Coleman minibikes w Racks & boxes for folks offering a area for parking etc..
    I'm not sure how much income comes from it, as for us it was only supplemental income.
    but they both ..got out of it..as they bought property..they tell me..
    "don't bother..it's a headache"
    &
    " Buy real estate and make money while you sleep"
    Likely due to the market...they each have made about $300,000 - $400,000 on their small house flips in only 3-5 years...
    I couldn't do that..prices escalated too much.. my startup capital , wouldn't even let me buy 4 new bikes..which I'm guessing would put me into it for approx 80 grand once all said & done.
    I'm definitely not going to go that route talking some money away and I'm buying a place out of state somewhere for a rental... And the way things are going I may have to live there ...in the future....LOL.
    What a good friend in high school his parents owned a multi-million dollar equipment rental place they ended up getting bought out by some huge corporation about 20 years ago they live on the ocean in Laguna Beach that's about all I know..