1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School Me on the new Bronco

Discussion in 'General' started by BC, Mar 31, 2021.

1. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

If your reservation wasn't first day you weren't likely to get one till the end of 22 anyway. Ford will help you out if your dealer is playing games

2. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was always fine with a ‘22 which is why I was in no rush to convert my order. But the dealer said and I quote “we converted to an order to preserve your place in line”. I said the reservation holds my place in line and they converted it to increase their allocation and lock me into them. They acted dumb when I said that.

I did call Ford and talked with two separate people and they both said that they can’t transfer to another dealer once it’s converted to an order. The 2nd lady said she would see what she could do and I just reiterated that the order was placed without my knowledge or approval. It’s the principle of it for me and I don’t want to buy from a shady dealer (Steven’s Ford in Milford, CT). Also, the sales guy gave a shallow threat that if I don’t put the $1500 non refundable deposit down, then I lose the Bronco. He said it real quick to try and pressure me and I said nope, I’m out.

3. notbostrom

Just tell ford to change the status code to 99. That will delay your build and allow you to make changes. Your dealer is indeed shady but this happened to someone else and it started getting some publicity and Ford stepped in. Do you have a signed buyers order showing your price? If you do that can't mark it up. If you don't they can slap a huge markup on it

4. Monsterdood

No, I approved nothing and signed nothing. They converted the order without me and when I realized that, I went in to the dealer. They didn’t tell me the price or say if they would add a markup and asked for a $1500 non refundable deposit before they would change the configuration or even talked about the price. It was all shady. I decided right then I don’t want a Bronco from that dealer and if Ford can’t move my order, then I guess the shady dealer wins. They get my order as stock and can sell it at a markup. A lady from Ford marketing was trying to do something to move it back to a reservation so I can change to a different dealer, but it didn’t seem to be easy and she hasn’t called me back in a week. Oh well…

5. notbostrom

Sorry to hear. Post your story on bronco6g. Ford reps monitor that forum and have been stepping in fix crap like this and minimize bad pr

6. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I hate hearing stories like this. Auto dealers have a well deserved bad rep.

I hope to never step in a dealer showroom again.

Rebel635 and 418 like this.
  7. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

https://www.stevensfordmilford.com/contactus.aspx

I'm just sayin'

8. Monsterdood

I did ask to speak to the manager lol… he could give a shit and had zero interest in “my issues”. He said lots of people want the Bronco and had little interest or motivation to help me keep the Bronco (or stay a Ford customer as the case may be). Whatever… I’m more interested in the new Honda CRF250RX at this point.

9. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I figured.

I probably should have posted my web form from a public library....I got one or 2 beebisms....well OK...maybe more than that. But I hope no one dies in a fire, shits in a open sunroof, or shows up with a 3ft screwdriver in the near future. Or I may be wanted by the FBI.

:D

Monsterdood and rpj like this.
  10. notbostrom

Looks like mine is getting built today....

Monsterdood and wsmc42 like this.
  11. Big T

Big T Well-Known Member

Just saw where they're all staying at the factory until the defective top gets sorted out.

For those of you on YT, check out Hoovies Garage review of one that escaped the factory

12. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I tried watching a few of his videos. He matches the definition of trust fund baby.

13. notbostrom

Old news. The ones being held were built July and August. The updated tops are starting to arrive. I switched to soft top and jumped ahead in line. Otherwise I would have been pushed to 2022

14. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

My sister was going for the paltry 1.5 outer banks sport and i said da faq wrong wit u get the badlands sport 2.0l eco boost. she was about to get a subaru for living out west but she likes this first on race day thing all of a sudden lol. I said, "don't half ass the off road vehicle".

15. notbostrom

Took delivery of mine last week...

Monsterdood likes this.
  16. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

badlands? how is it? manual/ auto?

17. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

I’m starting to see them on the street around Atlanta, and have already seen a couple listed by local dealers as used trade-ins. And someone is selling one on BAT already.

18. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

A friend of mine got one of the first ones in June and sold it last month for a $20k profit lol

19. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

my buddy got his...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

hahaha :D:cool:. just won some race or series or got 2nd or some such in Ultra4, I dunno I haven't been keeping up with that series.

pfhenry and Spooner like this.
  20. notbostrom

Outer Banks with the 2.7 Ecoboost. It's mildly overpowered