1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rossi is back......

Discussion in 'General' started by XACT-Man, Oct 10, 2010.

1. No - really? A dig at Rossi from Lorenzo? Perish the thought!

2. The CHAD

The CHAD Well-Known Member

How do you know what he was shaking his head at?... Maybe he thought the celebration thing was funny, may he thought it was stupid. The only one who knows is Ben himself, I am so glad that everyone here has ESP with Spies.

3. zyre2503

zyre2503 Well-Known Member

To pass 10 racers ahead of him and finished 1st is unbelievable. He certainly looked like another class as he passed them one by one.

Rossi is Rossi... No other kind. Can't wair for the next season.

4. BigHeadzDC

BigHeadzDC One Track Wonder

The shoulder didn't look like it bothered him with how late he was out braking people. That was simply a display of unreal skill.

I doubt there was any intent to dismiss anyone.. Jorge just reached the pinnacle of his profession and was likely overwhelmed by emotion. I can give him a pass..

5. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I have a hard time believing he was overcome with emotion. The guy was really putting on an act. He's known that he had the WC in the bag for the past few races. Relief I can understand.... he knew he would have it this weekend and had plenty of time to reflect on that. He's trying too hard to make himself liked... kinda makes me appreciate the PedroBot now :)

6. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

God you people are amazing

7. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Book of racing, Psalm 46:

He is God on a motorcycle, we, as humans, are not worthy to live in the same times as he... :bow:

Rossi says it was one of his best rides ever - That's saying a LOT. :wow:

8. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

So from this thread and the race thread I have determined that:

1)When Jorge does a stupid skit it shows he is a tool
    2)When Rossi does a stupid skit it showcases his amazing personality
    3)When Jorge whines he is just being a bitch
    4)When Rossi whines obviously there is an issue that needs to be resolved
    5)When Jorge races Rossi he is an idiot because he has everything to lose
    6)When Jorge doesnt try to race Rossi to get the points to finish off the championship he gets "owned" by Rossi
    7)Random people on the board think they know more about what Ben is thinking than his dad and other insiders that very likely have already talked to Ben about this.

All in all, pretty entertaining.

9. ATL#1

ATL#1 Banned

I don't know, he could have been laughing but the way it looked on TV is the discussion. I don't care either way, I really don't. There hasn't been any proof of the truth presented, it's definitely been blown out of proportion.

10. Matt399

Matt399 Well-Known Member

Correct. :D

11. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

There's a difference to Rossi's celebration antics and Jorge's. Vale's tend to be more tongue in cheek. Jorge's come off as a me-too and over done.

The Laguna spaceman robot thing? 3rd party embarassment is what I felt.

Also, Vale seems to me to realize that racing motorcycles for millions is a dream come true and enjoys it all the time. He's like Edwards with more skill. Jorge is just the kid that is trying to be cool and for that simple fact completely blows it.

12. XACT-Man

XACT-Man Not that fast....

I titled this thread, "Rossi is", not "Jorgay is" or "Ben got dissed"......f@cking fact is as long as Rossi races Motogp, he IS the man...nuff said! :beer:

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

How was Jorge different from Elias? Or did they both fake emotion?

Fabrizio looked more emotional than both of them combined at Magny-Cours last week after finishin....third! In the race, not in the championship!

You guys are amazing. If you win the world superbike championship or Moto2, you are a world champion. If you win the MotoGP championship, you are THE world champion. No matter what you have won before, it has got to be overwhelming if this is your first one. Those guys went to bed every night dreaming of that moment since before they had pubic hair.

14. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Like Vales bowling ball and pins? That was pretty stupid too.

Fact of the matter is their silly little skits are very similar. Its just that Rossi fans get up in arms when they see someone who they perceive to be trying to copy their idol. Rossi fans also seem to forget the year when he wasnt winning much and pouting like a schoolgirl that didnt get invited to a birthday party. He sure didnt seem to be "enjoying it all the time" the year Casey mopped up the track with him.:Poke:

I am not sure if I would use a race where all Lorenzo needed to do was finish to wrap up the title as an indicator of relative speed either but thats just me......

Heres to Ben handing them both their asses next year(fingers crossed)! :beer:

15. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of anyone copying anyone else. Also Yorga doesn't even seem to "get it" when he's winning.

The guy just looks like he's trying too hard.

16. old and busted

old and busted Well-Known Member

Funny when Jorge is racing it doesn't look like he's trying at all, just smooth riding.

Also

Rossi's ride was incredible, it kept me on the edge of my seat for the entire race.

17. Mikey75702

Mikey75702 Well-Known Member

Finally got to watch the race....... Rossi is the man, 11th to a win in motogp, that's gotta be hard.

18. jng1226

jng1226 Well-Known Member

He went from P11 on the first lap to P3 by lap four :up:

This is something he has consistently done since the 500cc days, where sometimes he seemed like he toyed with the field by almost intentionally getting a horrible start. No one has seemed capable of the same performance in the past 10 years in the premier class. In the current "age of electronics" the parade lap-style of racing is getting worse but it is still only Rossi that can cut through the field almost at will. If that isn't proof of his GOAT status, what is?

One more vote here that Lorenzo is a true pretender to the throne for all the aforementioned reasons (no originality, blatantly "manufactured" image, etc.). When ANYONE in the modern era can win more than 2 MotoGP World Champion titles while Rossi still races, that will be the only time they can even approach his level. So far, Nicky and Casey have failed to repeat and I doubt Lorenzo has the total talent package (bike development + racecraft + mental game) to do the same.

19. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Granted, Jorge's skit seems like they're monkeying Rossi's stuff. Probably even annoys Vale a bit.

I did like his sitting in front of the large screen, eating Popcorn; and when he jumped in the pond (and almost drowned)...

There's often something clumsy about him. Just like chewing up the spanish flag about popping off his chain. It was so nerdish I pissed myself laughing. His nerdiness is endearing to a certain point.

I like him better now than when he was in 250s...

20. dom

dom Dom-N-Ator Racing

although not a jorge fan i will say he has more talent than casey.. just my opinion..