1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Performance Enhancing Substances

Discussion in 'General' started by VitoDuc19, Dec 30, 2000.

1. gocr6

gocr6 i fall down....

hey wera people, just gott back in from the bars. i s beer a perforrmance endhancing substance--Gocr6 signing off

2. CharlieM#90

CharlieM#90 Well-Known Member

"perforrmance endhancing"...????

Apparently not.

Charlie Mc #90

3. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

It's the beer talking...can beer race too?

4. R-6 115

R-6 115 Well-Known Member

I have taken a product called Rip Fuel off and on for the last few years to drop weight. Yes, it did make me feel great, boosted my metabolism, but made me jittery if I consumed too much. It also curved my appitite. Also, I drink coffee at the local coffee shops and get the same effects. Do I or have I taken Rip Fuel before a race? NO. Why? Because I feel the need to be more focused and if my mind is speeding along at 90 mph on the start grid then that can lead to rear ending the guy or gal in front of me during a start. The kicker is that it is a legal USDA approved product (and so is coffee/caffene) and you can not hold it against anyone for consuming it the day, week, or month before a race to loose a few pounds.

5. Don_728

Don_728 The dog made me do it!

I take this drug that is just incredible. It makes me more alert, speeds up my heart rate, and gives me the jitters after just a few minutes. I cant even go to work without taking it. I'm addicted so if I try to stop I get mind numbing headaches -- that's the only drawback.

Yup its caffeine, it goes by many names on the street, coffee, java, cup o Joe, bean brew, pop, and soda. Unfortunately this can lead to harder substances ....... SUGAR [​IMG]
    When will the insanity end?

6. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

I'm looking for 12 OZ's of caffeine & a kilo of Sugar...

Are you holding? [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by lizard84 (edited 12-31-2000).]

7. VitoDuc19

VitoDuc19 MIA

Just don't go race World Superbike after munching a bunch of Ripped Fuel capsules, since it contains Mau Haung/Ephedrine and those boys will make you pee in a cup [​IMG]

8. joey-95v

joey-95v Registered

i've been taking mahuang extract (1002 mg a day) and guarana extract,a form of caffeine (2730 mg a day) for the past few years.
    is this stuff "performance enhancing"? maybe, when you first start taking it. but once your body has addapted to it, it is no more perf. enhancing than coffee.

9. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Bud Light is my performance enhancier. [​IMG] Just ask the wife. [​IMG]

10. Rusnak_322

Rusnak_322 FOX Mullet

I wouldn’t recommend taking Ripped Fuel or any other E/A/C stack (ephedrine / Aspirin / Caffeine) not because of the ephedrine, but the caffeine.
    It’s a diuretic, which is why they always tell us at the riders meeting not to drink pop on hot days, or something like that.
    I don’t really pay attention. I just show up to not win a free entry.

All I know is – Drugs are bad, mmkay… [​IMG]

11. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

Sean, you're pretty quiet on this one. What is WERA's stance? What about other drugs, like Motrin?

12. projekt9

projekt9 der Klugscheißer

You are a bit confused...
    That is Psuedoephedrine in cough meds
    NOT Ephedrine.

#545 Keith Palmer

> mahuang extract (1002 mg a day) and
    > guarana extract, a form of caffeine
    > (2730 mg a day)

Caffeine is a CNS (central nervous system) stimulant and a diuretic - I agree with Rusnak and stay away from it on race day for fear of dehydration. FWIW - a lethal (oral) dose of “pure” caffeine (for your average 175 lb male) is somewhere around 20,000 mg. You get some pretty interesting reactions on doses approaching that much...

Ephedrine is a milder CNS stimulant and not a diuretic. Even though approximately 2 million Americans use ”Metabolife” brand ephedrine-containing products (per Metabolife containing “12 milligrams concentrated ephedrine group alkaloids”), risk around ephedrine use is presently under debate, in the litigous US anyway (see Metabolife’s own disclaimer...) The FDA does not currently regulate ephedrine because it is a “dietary supplement” protected under the Dietary Supplement Health & Education Act of 1994. Pursuant to the act, the FDA cannot regulate dietary supplements such as ephedrines unless they have been proven to be unsafe. The Chinese first isolated ephedrines from the herb ephedra (or Ma Huang) in the 1880s and have been using them since. Although ephedrines have been in prescription products available for quite a while in the US (e.g. "d-psuedoephedrine hydrochloride" in Sudafed), product liability lawfirms appear to be hunting for, documenting, and suing around concerns over ephedrines in present over-the-counter sources (e.g. "dietary supplements"). The claims made on the packaging and marketing of dietary supplement-type ephedrines is followed by the FDA-mandated warning “This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.” until the manufacturers pass an FDA NDA (New Drug Application). Pleanty of info on ephedrines is around, so everyone can research and make up their own minds. FWIW - I don’t take ephedrine on racedays either...

However, I do take epinephrine (adrenaline) on racedays that I synthesize myself. [​IMG] Another FWIW - the lethal (oral) dose of “pure” epinephrine (for your average 175 lb male) is around 300 mg.

Be careful kids... it’s a chemical jungle out there...

[This message has been edited by #545 (edited 01-02-2001).]

14. Tracee Polcin

Dude are you pharmacist or something?

15. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

Wow. That is so cool, dude...what does it mean?

16. Due North

Due North Source of Insanity

I'd say sales [​IMG]

Either that, or he takes way too much of that crap and can't sleep at night [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. lathe dog

lathe dog Well-Known Member

interesting thread people! celebrex is it.

#545 Keith Palmer

No... but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night... [​IMG]

19. Tracee Polcin

And I guess you're the comedian too. [​IMG]

20. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

LOL. I have to admit, this was funny.