1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Performance Enhancing Substances

Discussion in 'General' started by VitoDuc19, Dec 30, 2000.

1. VitoDuc19

VitoDuc19 MIA

It's come to my attention that there are some WERA competitors (Mr. Mongo, I fear retribution, and I'm currently in hiding. If protection can be arranged I will come in from the cold ) are using performance enhancing drugs in attempt to improve upon their racing results. Ephedrine or Mau Haung is what I'm talking about. This insidious drug/herb is what did in Haga and usually leads to even greater chemical abuse. Now since their is no drug testing in WERA, some Haga Wannabes are looking to emulate his tire sliding, smoking style by the way of chemicals. I don't want to be out on the track with some ephedrine munching, Mau Haung sucking, jacked-up crazed racer, it's time for WERA to stop the madness. j/k.

2. WERA74

WERA74 Poser and proud of it!

You just better watch it...uh, never heard of Ma Huang or any other Ephedra-laden substances...Sean, don't take him seriously...I have tasted it but never ingested any...my bike smokes like that all the time, just old tires...he uses synthetic castor instead of the real thing-isn't there some rule against that...

3. CharlieM#90

CharlieM#90 Well-Known Member

It's time for WERA to stop letting you post.

Charlie Mc #90

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

OY....

When good pasta goes bad...

5. CharlieM#90

It ain't the pasta - it's the sauce. And his didn't turn out right. [​IMG]

Charlie Mc #90

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

ROTFLAMO - I thought about that right after I posted and then was too lazy to change it [​IMG]

7. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

I don't take, nor have I ever taken any performance-enhancing drugs. But frankly, anybody who thinks they would beat Haga if he stopped taking ephadrine is an imbecile. Colin Edwards has gone on record several times saying things like it's the rules, and they have to be enforced, but he only says that because he was the direct beneficiary of Haga's ban. He was so focused on Forgarty, he didn't see Haga or Corser coming and would have been really embarrassed to lose to them. He is a winner AND a whiner. Rare feat. But coparing what Haga did to the kind of stuff Gobert was doing, for isnatnce is just plain stupid. Not that Gobert's dope smoking is dangerous to other racers either. But since you wouldn't able to know when he had is last smoke, I would agree that banning recreational drugs makes some sense.

As far as club racing is concerned, there are plenty of idiots who dangerous when sober, and I almost thing that letting them get high before the races would mellow them out and make the tracks safer. [​IMG]

8. CharlieM#90

So.......we can put you down as opposing beer anywhere on the premises...?????

Charlie Mc #90

9. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

Well, I don't drink beer (nor have I ever taken any drugs, for that matter), so yeah, banning beer is way cool. That would keep Tom away from the tracks! [​IMG]

10. WERA74

Don't you dare! Some of us have to eat...

11. VitoDuc19

VitoDuc19 MIA

Mongo, looking who's trying to silence me. Hint, Hint, who could it be... That crap didn't make one bit of difference in Haga's riding (awesome talent), and Colin plain old beat him when he needed. Just busting chops, it's too cold to go outside and play.

12. Hammer-117

Hammer-117 Well-Known Member

The only people I've ever seen taking Ephedrine is people who are training when they workout. It really has no "performance enhancing" characteristics. At most, it makes you more alert, but not even twitchhhhhhy. It's mainly a thermogenic substance (not drug!)It raises your body's temp a degree or so, so you burn more calories when you train.

If anything should be banned, it should be
    real drugs like pot and coke and stuff like that. As far as I'm concerned...to each his own. But not on the track!!

Shane

13. robw122

robw122 Well-Known Member

i'd like to post a really long response, but i'm too wasted on percocet,pot, and beer to bother. peace.

14. bdomenz

bdomenz Well-Known Member

speaking from experience...
    we used to eat ephedrine in college football as part of a staple pre-game, pre-workout diet.

i would have to say it definitly enhances performance by increasing alertness, breathing rate, wiredness, ect. etc. etc. and it doesn't take much to get VERY "twitchy". in fact this "cranked up" aspect was the most desirable trait of the drug. it can make you extremely "anxious" and wired, and it can give you the jitters.

personally, i'd have to say i wouldnt want to be on the track with ANYONE cranking on ephedrine, or anything for that matter.

you can justify it by saying there is a difference between use and abuse, to each his own, and all that stuff...but, if you're "enhanced" or "impaired" (sometimes a very fine line) you shouldn't be allowed on top of a 400+lb. projectile missile in close quarters with others. lives are at risk.

also, i've seen many guys throw up when using in the first few times -- or after "up'ing" their dosage. on the football field, or lockerroom you can just whip off your helmet and bend over - YAK. your done. no harm to anyone.

i can only imagine what would happen when going into a turn at 80mph and needing to rid your body of the chemicals. it'd be pretty ugly.

15. Hammer-117

Hammer-117 Well-Known Member

Just use the keyboard in the middle...the pink one [​IMG]

16. WERA74

I desperatly need to boost my performance. Where do I find this Noriyuki Haga?

17. gocr6

gocr6 i fall down....

c'mon guys, EPHEDRINE, that is nothing more than cough syrup. i have taken ephedra and it does absolutely nothing to change mood and very little to enhance performance in any way. Haga's revenge will be sweet next year in gp [​IMG]

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ephedrine is also what is in white crosses and other "legal" uppers that they sell in truck stops. It is like a mild speed if taken in big enough doses. I doubt the amount in cough syrup is enough to truly affect you however it is obviously enough to show on drug tests.

Either way it does effect you and your ability to do things - but then again, so does adrenaline...

19. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

You won't outlaw THAT, will you? :)

20. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

i dont take that stuff. it was...was...diet pills....yeah....diet pills, really