1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Novice racer in Expert Practice?

Discussion in 'General' started by dean dufrene, Apr 4, 2011.

1. dean dufrene

dean dufrene Well-Known Member

Ok, let me break down the scenerio and then please offer feedback.

What if a novice racer changed the numbers on his bike to simulate someone else's and was trying to go out in expert practice and was caught?

What would be a fair punishment by the racing organization?

And as a racer what are your thoughts of someone having the nerve to do this? And then all the funnies about him being caught! LOL

2. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Did he inform a steward or pit zero? If not, pull his license for a year.

3. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Was he Rollie Style?

4. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Was he trying to do expert practice instead of novice practice, or in addition to?

(ain't saying either way is right, but I am curious)

5. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Did the someone else know? Boot em both.

6. :stupid:

Shit like "damn, i forgot to safety wire that...." or "uh oh, im in the wrong grid spot" or "damn i missed my group, i wonder if they will let me practice with..." is one thing. But purposely changing shit to sneak into a different/extra practice session is a blatant disrespect to WERA and the other riders and should be an immediate ban.

7. Putter

Also it's a huge safety thing. When the shit hits the fan race control needs to know who exactly is on each bike.

8. dean dufrene

hypothetically, if at least two people were in on it, and not sure if in addition to other practice or not. And this was the second session at least that he was going out. So the first one he made it through, the second time he was caught. No he or they did not ask permission.

Flame on

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  9. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Banned for life.

For goodness sake he could have been hurt out there and because all of hte paperwork, etc. is related to the other guys #, etc. the wrong medical information, etc. could have been used.

Geeze, people are idiots.

10. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Edit.. ok, allergies and stuff like that. Duh.

11. Putter

It's ok. We understand that you are new to this stuff. :D

12. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

Peeps be allergic to peanuts fool.

13. Demented

Demented Well-Known Member

I agree, licenses should be pulled for a year for something like that, plus some fines.

Unrealistically, they should be lined up on the grid in only their underclothes while every racer there shoots them with paintball guns and pelts them with eggs.

14. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

they shuld be fined whatever a practice day costs.

entries are already down, banning someone for a year isnt that smart business wise.

15. ...and neither is allowing KNOWN crooks to continue to be a part of your organization.

16. dean dufrene

this is a hypothetical question as surely no one would try this, but I did hear of somehting that mimmicks this and was just curious to what the nature of the punishment should be if any at all.

For one, me as a racer doesn't like to be cheated. I struggle like everyone else without sponsors to make a race weekend with my old and unpowered bike just to race as hard as I can as clean as I can as fast as I can and hope its good enough to make me smile when I cross the line. It sucks when someone feels they have to have an advantage and tweak the rules into their favor. Oh well!

Thanks for the input and I willtake my frustration out on those who are on my grid at tally! :)

17. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Wait a minute, now, with whom are you racing?

18. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

"hypothetically," i take a hard-line on any and all rules infractions: immediate lifetime ban.

If you know you're breaking the rules, and you don't remedy the situation, clearly you intended to cheat someone; either out of positions, track time, money, or some other (in)tangible right. If you've done it once, you'll do it again - so save everybody some time and get the lifetime ban out of the way now.

I bet this would cut down on a lot of smaller infractions too. Seriff font on your number plate? lifetime ban. double-bubble wind-screen in SS class? Lifetime ban! People would bitch, but you bet your ass they'd take the rules seriously right quick too.

19. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Ch 7
    18. No one may enter the track without proper credentials, registering, executing a Release and passing WERA Technical Inspection. Any WERA licensed rider who rides during any practice session without properly being registered, or rides in a class for which he/she is not registered, shall be subject to disqualification and/or suspension and/or a fine, and/or probation. Any non-licensed person who rides on the track will be ejected from the premises and denied future entry and WERA License privileges for a three-year period and shall be subject to legal action. Any WERA Licensed rider who permits or allows any person to ride his/her machine in violation of this section shall be subject to disqualification from the event and/or loss of entry fees and any contingencies won during the event, and/or suspension and/or a fine of no less than $500.

20. dean dufrene

I currently hold a wera license :up:

and dont get all worked up LOL is wasnt me nor did I have anything to do with it. Just happened to hear something to that affect and wondering if this guy(s) gets punished and what a fair punishment should be.

I personally don't agree with the lifetime ban or season long ban just because we need every person on the grid we can get, but a big fine and one race suspension a la Josh Herrin would definately cool my fire.