1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Novice racer in Expert Practice?

Discussion in 'General' started by dean dufrene, Apr 4, 2011.

1. dean dufrene

dean dufrene Well-Known Member

so is it automatically a dq? and then the rest is "subject to"

and if so, shouldnt the rider not be allowed to race that day?

2. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

You should be discussing this with officials, not the BBS.

3. dean dufrene

what officials? Like I said this was hearsay and it just raised a question of what the punishment would be. I was hoping Mongo would chime in to what he would do.

4. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

RTFRB, who would have thought?

I just want to be sure I'm on a different grid before you take your frustrations out, that's all. :D

5. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

I'm confused. How does a novice going out for an expert practice session affect your race or make you feel cheated? :confused::confused::confused:

6. dean dufrene

I just want to be sure I'm on a different grid before you take your frustrations out, that's all. :D[/QUOTE]

haha no I can assure you it wont end up like rossi and stoner! and i was being sarcastic! Ill just run my race!

7. dean dufrene

Just going practice with experts doesn't. Its the cheating behind trying to get the extra seat time. Taping a white plate over your yellow one, with your buddies numbers on it, and taping the numbers on the side of your helmet? Uh, that's cheating aint it?

8. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

Yes, that is unfair to the rest of us. It just came across as you felt cheated in your race.

9. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

The other safety issue is novices dont behave like experts on the track. A close pass that wont phase an expert will scare the shit out of alot of novices. Scared novices crash alot. I would be really pissed if I was Rossi'ed by some punk ass that thought he should be able to practice up a class or 2. There are differentiations between experienced and inexperienced racers for a reason.
    I would say at least a year suspension would make him understand the error of his ways.

10. dean dufrene

no but some may, and I can understand there gripes especially if the rider was not dq'd and allowed to race that day-and maybe he is the head of the novice class. That would sting a little bit more, wouldn't it? If the tope dawg was caught red handed?

and again this is hypothetical and does not reflect WERA at all. And this 'supposedly' did not happen at a WERA event. Just something I heard and was wondering what WERA would do.

11. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I don't know about you but I still get spooked. :D

12. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Mongo probably won't respond since this is such a hypothetical question.

Either tell the full story or don't post at all is what he will say.

13. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure there have been situations where a nov and ex used the same bike for diff races and would undo/redo number plates before each rider took to the course. Of course, it was cleared with the officials prior to taking the track.

14. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Ya think? :D

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  15. Buckwild

Buckwild Radical

Effect.

16. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Yes, the rest is "subject to', meaning that the rule allows lattitude in applying additional sanctions against the culprit. Note the use of and/or, which allows the imposition of any one or all of the possible sanctions against the culprit

Disqualification can extend to the entire event. Don't ask me how I know this.

17. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Just the dull knife in the drawer today.

18. Today? :confused:

:Poke:

:D

19. karrotx

karrotx Well-Known Member

The rider should have to pay the next races entry fees for all racers he was running against. :)

20. eboos

eboos Slowski

A one year ban with reinstatement only after the one year period and payment of a fine sounds like the right thing to do. This is the same as falsifying credentials. If there was an ontrack incident, it would have created a huge shitstorm. Remember, sometimes a rider doesn't return home.