1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Novice racer in Expert Practice?

Discussion in 'General' started by dean dufrene, Apr 4, 2011.

1. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

If it were done to be able to run extra practices he did not pay for, he stole from wera, and also stole practice time for that day that he was not entitled to. that actually can give him a leg up on setup and whatever else.... hypothetically

2. dean dufrene

dean dufrene Well-Known Member

Wow you guys are harsh! Lol

Both, critical in my wording of the question and the sentences lmao

3. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Any more I go so slow that I dont have time to be scared when a fast guy passes me.....:D

4. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Some of you are bring up the argument that Am and Ex racers don't mix well. Does not WERA and other RSB's run combined grids with two wave starts that result in Am and Ex racers mixing company, or does this not take place any longer. Also endurance grids are mixed, correct?

I thing the identity thing, stealing extra practice and disregard for rules and regs are the main points here.

5. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

ahhhhh the old days....... Nassif riding Kangs R-1 lol!

6. dean dufrene

dean dufrene Well-Known Member

You get the gold star!

And its just a story I heard while exchanging race stories with some other racers. I was just curious. I dont even remember what they said the penalty was.

7. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Yep, and I know of one case where an amateur and and expert also shared the same leathers for back-to-back races! :eek:

8. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

I think that the transponder would make that difficult to pull off. You either have yours on the bike or none at all. Either way, I'll be stopping you when you pull off the track. We usually take away the rest of their practices for the weekend and they're on our radar for a while.

9. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

From "Dull Knife" to "Gold Star!" in a single day! :D

10. eboos

eboos Slowski

Be that as it may, but could you imagine if a rider at STT improperly bumped themself and then caused a major ontrack incident. Do you not see the potential shitstorm? I think safety, and yes, potential liability would take center stage in handing out punishment for infractions.

11. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Awesome display of hate in a completely unrelated thread.

12. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

It has happened. Guy took out an instructor no less. I think both rider AND instructor ended up in the creek at Tally IIRC:wow: Guy just decided he was ready for intermediate.....

13. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Thanks. I do what I can.:p
    The funny thing is everyone knew what I meant.

14. Jordan

Jordan Well-Known Member

death...lol

15. What happens when you mix Expert and Novice Fromunda Cheese?

16. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

There isn't much mixing in a "mixed" sprint race. The fast guys end up together and the slow guys are strung out behind. Toward the end the slowest guys get lapped.

Riders with training wheels generally don't run endurance races (aside from me).

Practice is where it gets all knotty. I know I've gone down avoiding aimless, parachute deploying novice racers in practice.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup:
    Guys who take that MotoGP stuff too personally are going to have a rough year.

18. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Apples and oranges in my opinion. In a race set up like that you know there are slow guys wobbling around the track but in Expert practice you assume a certain level of competency.
    That being said, ya, disregard for the rules is the main problem here. To discourage this the punishment should be harsh and immediate.

19. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I think we are going to have fun this year Pappa!:D

20. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

I would just kick them out for the weekend. Talk to them and try to get to the truth of why they were doing such dumb shit. If something happens again, lifetime ban.:up: Grids and practices are mixed every weekend.