1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No 125 in nationals anymore???

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by LAR, Nov 20, 2003.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nice list but I call bullshit - where have all of these riders been the last 4-5 years other than Kcraget? I've gotten the same type of response when I ask too, here and the 125 list - so yet another year I fight for the class. Wanna know what happens when the actual races roll around? 62 total entries.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Care to explain how USGPRU came about in the beginning?

3. 418

418 Expert #59

Damn, Mongo is angry. :p

I feel that allthough it is sad to see tha 125GP's go, on the flip side, I can understand. Everyone seems to have turn their back to two-strokes in general. And I don't mean the governing bodies, but the actual costumer themselves. :(

A damn shame.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Actually no, Sean's extremely pissed off at once again having the 125 riders bitching at him when he's done everything he can to keep 125's going at the National level. Not for the last few years, but since we first put them there in the early 90's.

5. LAR

LAR Well-Known Member

6. LAR

LAR Well-Known Member

Go ahead and call bullshit, but I created a post that is called "who is in 125s next year?" and that list is what came out of it. I'm not saying they are racing nationals or not, just asked who was going to be around riding 125s, and it is an accurate list, unless the 125 riders are liars in addition to being ungrateful.

7. 418

418 Expert #59

Oh come on, kiss and make up. :)

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

For 10 or 12 years they've been lying to me about running a National series so I don't expect any changes at this point.

So, find out of those riders which ones plan on running the WERA National Challenge Series - all the rounds - ecumike has already stated he's out. I assumed that list was of riders syaing they'd run the Nationals since that is what you're bitching about here isn't it?

For that matter - answer me one question, yould you and Roach have been to all 10 rounds based on the 2003 schedule?

9. LAR

LAR Well-Known Member

Our plan for this year was to make at least five of the rounds...times that by two riders, and that's the same as one rider making all ten rounds.

If we had the money and TIME, we'd definitely kick in to all ten rounds for both of us, but I'm not working and until we move, Brian isn't working either, so unless that changes, that's what we were able to commit to. I know that isn't much from your perspective, but to us, it's a lot.

The list I created was trying to get a count of how many 125s there are because there has been a slight resurgance of the 125 riders out there and I was trying to gather how many people were planning on racing. Unfortunately, not many people responded back to that list.

Don't get me wrong, Mongo, I understand that business is business, and when it comes down to it, YOU have to do what is best for WERA. If you don't want people to talk about what you do, then why have a BBS? I personally went back and looked at all my posts in this thread and don't feel I said anything horrible or defaming against WERA, so I don't understand why I got the "shut the hell up" comment. I consider that as a personal attack.

Have Roach and I raced a lot the past two years? No. Why? PERSONAL reasons....oh, like paying for a wedding...but after the wedding was over, Roach was back out there, and now that I have a bike again, I was planning on being back out there too.

You can hold a grudge at me for bringing up some touchy subjects if you want to, but it all comes down to the fact that I actually LIKE and RESPECT your organization...if I didn't, would I be here or even give a crap if there were 125s next year? Like I also said in one of my posts...Regionals are fine for me because I have A LOT to learn out on the track...I just think it sucks that there are no nationals...it's just a personal opinion. But don't blame me for all of the garbage you've gotten from 125 riders back to the '90s...I haven't been here that long.

10. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

Last time I looked, there is no distinction between expert and novice in 125gp. It's a single race, registered as a single race, and scored as a single race. Aside from that, can you even run a national 125gp as a novice? (Seriously ... it's not in the rules, and I didn't think you could)

LWT is two classes, expert and novice. While they are often run on track as a combined race, the admin costs are the same as if they were two - two grids, two scorings, two classes.

So yes, aside from barber, I see 2 riders per event difference as a narrow margin between LWT-N and 125gp. The turnout for both sucks. And again, as I stated in my post, the one difference is that because there is an expert race also, there is much more room for growth in LWT which does give it some merit.

If you actually read my post, you'll also see that I stated it was a business decision to not and try to compete with the product being offered by the USGPRU/FUSA. Your personal feelings aside, this is the case. I can't blame you, and it is probably not a bad decision on your part and actually good for 125gp in general. It is a niche market and there really isn't room for 2 pro series. My argument regarding numbers was actually just in response to Paige who thought to answer for you, quoting numbers which I don't see as being all that different as I explain above.

Yes you offered a product for a long time. Some of us even bought it. Why the decision was made by some 125gp riders to try and do something else/better with your competitor in the first place is something I'm not privy to - I personally wasn't involved.

And, again, as I previously stated ... I'm sorry that WERA won't be having the class as I like running with them.

- Brian Roach

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So you attack me and I should be nice? Why? If your post had simply said somehting about being sad/upset/pissed that we had to nuke the class I'd be right there agreeing with you 100%. It's certainly not what I wanted to see happen. Instead you take the stance that we're a bunch of assholes and did it with no reason. That is when I respond in kind.

Last I looked I wasn't the one that started this thread or tried to use bogus info to prove a point. I know why we aren't running the class, because there are no riders, pretty simple to understand - yet you slammed me for 3 pages here. But as always on the good ole BBS - I'm not allowed to respond in kind. Yep, that makes sense. I picked the post where you siad my response would be to tell you to go race, the post where you insinuated that is my standard response to any and everyone that disagrees with what we do. While that is actually quite a valid response - since after all if you don't like the way a store does business you don't shop there right? It is far form my standard repsonse here or anywhere. I'd be willing to bet that in my over 10,000 posts here I haven't said that more than a half dozen times and even then it was only to get people to undertsnad they have a choice. All too many people arguing here seem do so from the point of view that we have some sort of hold on them and are forcing them to race in general and with WERA specifcally. That isn't the case as you might have noticed. There are other options - and someitmes oddly enough I need to point that out, doesn't make sense to me but it's still oddly true.

And what's with this shit that I think my opinion is the only right one? Of course I feel that way - it's my opinion after all! What would be the point in having an opinion on a subject and not believe it?

12. 418

418 Expert #59

I guess group hug is out of the question, then...:confused:

13. LAR

LAR Well-Known Member

I guess you must have ignored almost all of my other posts on here with my :( faces...all the posts saying that I love WERA...you just choose to read one post and go from there. Where did I ever call you guys assholes. At one point I did say "with no reason" for which I APOLOGIZE for saying that...you run a business, a business needs to make money, and if 125s aren't doing that for you, then I 100% agree...as I said to Bill that his post was well stated. And when I said "i'm having more fun being angry," did you notice the big smiley face??? that is me being a funny girl...sorry you didn't pick up on that.

So if you didn't get what I was saying in all of my other posts, here it is blatantly stated:

I am very, very sad that WERA will no longer have a national class that the 125s can run in. I was very much looking forward to running with WERA next year because I think they are a great organization, are extremely safety conscious, have a great schedule, and the people that run WERA are great. I think it is a shame that we can no longer have a class to run in that series, but I do understand. And I 100% mean that will all sincerity.

14. Roach

You crack me up Haga. And no, I don't think there's going to be a big group hug.

- Roach

15. 418

418 Expert #59

Being ignored is great. :D

16. Cliff0529

Cliff0529 Well-Known Member

Okay, so the real question is "Is Mongo's decision already final?" If he says yes, then all we're doing is pissing in the wind. Won't make a bit of difference what we say he's already made up his mind. If his answer is it's depends, than we should focus on coming up with a workable solution and not bashing each other.

As Roach and Mongo pointed out LWT's is a small class. Why not combine the two together and run LWT's and 125's together? Even if you run Experts at the same time then you still (based on Mongo's averages) would have approximately 21 bikes on the grid and three classes. Which is managable for scores. They do it at most regional weekends now with Clubman Expert/Novice and Motard Expert/Novice.

All I'm saying is this, I didn't take this thread to be lets beat on Mongo but I can see where he's coming from. *Personally* I'd like to see the 125's stick around but I know it might not be feasible or even if it is it might not be in WERA's best interest.

Cliff

17. ecumike

ecumike Relocated Yankee

Well.. if there is a race for 125s at Nationals, great, you can count me in for the VIR & Summit rounds. I already told Rebecca to mark those weekends as busy. If not, oh well.

I'm not quite the 'expert' rider, and b/c of $ and vaca. time, I'm shooting more for track time, than series championships. So no matter what the org is WERA/CCS/USGPRU, I'm probably only end up racing at Summit, VIR, & Roebling. (except for 'Finals' which I'd probably travel to Barber and RA for)

Maybe once I get to a 'national' riding level, I'd travel more, but right not, I just can't do it.

That's my reasons.

However, if I'm doing well in points during the course of the season, I can convince Rebecca to call in sick for those further-away tracks so I run for a championship. :)

Last edited: Nov 25, 2003
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sure there will, I'll get over it, bribe Laura to forgive me with a certain hat and all will be good again.

19. Roach

Can I have that hat?

- Roach

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I never considered combining the 125's because of response to doing so in the past. Many, many people have complained when we did because of the difference in the way they are ridden - and I totally agree. At the National level we shouldn't mix 125's and other bikes. I didn't consider F2 because it's the ride up class for 125's, essentially removing the ride up class would keep some of the few riders we have from attending the Nationals making even less reason to run the 125 class.

Yes it's a final decision, but I haven't started the rulebook yet.