1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No 125 in nationals anymore???

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by LAR, Nov 20, 2003.

1. Litespeed

Litespeed Rocket Scientist

My perspective:

I haven't really liked the support CCS gave the racers this year in the the SW/Pacific regions. The USGPRU schedule this year wasn't really finalized until so late in the season I couldn't commit to the weekends they decided on. I was very excited to hear that WERA was heading west and now I find that the national races on the west coast won't be running 125's. I guess I will just fully convert to motocross and give up on the road racing scene entirely. Anyone need a '98 TZ125?

2. stickman

stickman crash free since 5/6/07

I'm surprised there wasn't a little more notice that this was going to happen, like an announcement last year that 2003 was the last time for 125's.

3. LAR

LAR Well-Known Member

I'm surprised it hasn't "officially" been told to us...we found out off of the 400 list. That makes sense, huh? :rolleyes:

Oh well.

4. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

How much?

tom

5. Bill Cole

Bill Cole Well-Known Member

Yea me to... How much..

6. YamRZ350

Like Bill, I remember when Mongo was talking about doing away with the class altogether. Then he changed his mind.

Maybe he didn't announce anything because nothing is going to change...

tom

7. YamRZ350

HEY--- I got dibs!

Don't you have a house to build or something?

tom

8. Bill Cole

Dibs.... What are we 12... ! LOL.. Dam it I dont have ANYTHING to play with.. Karen is spending so much money I figure at this point what the hell....

9. Bill Cole

Tom, How did Merle do at VIR?? Any 1:34's??

10. YamRZ350

Since this is a family board we won't get into THAT discussion.

The trip to VIR and back was fun. Good thing since at the track sucked. Cold and wet. No new lap records were set...

tom

11. Bill Cole

.... Dam it I dont have ANYTHING to play with..

Well its mine and I will wash it as fast as I like.... !

Sorry to hear that the weather stunk.. Bummer.. Great track even in the wet... Did you get any laps at all. Did Merle mount the rains?

12. YSR64

YSR64 Well-Known Member

Cool deal Tom. Glad to see you have an interest in picking up a 125. You need to sell that damn 600 and buy the TZ, or get a RS if you want a real bike :D Steve G

13. Bill Cole

You know what you guys are weak... You wait till me and Moxey are out then....... all of a sudden..... you all want 125's... Im just thinking you all are scared... Hummm?

14. Bill Cole

You know what you guys are weak... You wait till me and Moxey are out then....... all of a sudden..... you all want 125's... Im just thinking you all are scared... Hummm?

15. LAR

LAR Well-Known Member

We wondered how long it would take to get rid of you guys...now if we could only get rid of Roach and Kcraget ;)

MUHHHHAAAAAHAAAHAAAA....our master plan is coming together. :D

16. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

You do recall who tunes your bike, yes?

Signed,
    Your Husband.

17. ecumike

ecumike Relocated Yankee

Doooohhhh!
    :D

18. LAR

LAR Well-Known Member

Hey Now!!!! You should take it as a compliment that we don't want you around. And just because you can't ride doesn't mean you can't tune. :D

Love,
    Your Wife

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Are you comparing that to the 125 Novices? Or are you adding in the 125 Experts to try and make it look like we actually had some 125 riders?

If you compare the LWT riders in total to the number of 125 riders this is what you get:

Track Name - 125's - LWT's (LWT Novices)

Jennings - 6 - 13 (1)
    CMP - 4 - 15 (5)
    Nashville - 4 - 14 (9)
    VIR - 7 - 21 (13)
    Talladega - 8 - 12 (6)
    Grattan - 6 - 10 (6)
    Summit Point - 5 - 12 (6)
    Hallett - 0 - 11 (6)
    Barber - 11 - 33 (24)
    GNF - 11 - 37 (18)

Gee, looks like a total after all 10 events of 62 125 Entries, 94 LWT novice Entries, and 178 total LWT entries. Toss out Barber? Okay. that's 51 125's for 9 events, 5.66 per event. LWT Novice? 7.77 per event. LWT total? 16.1 per event. Yep, the LWT Novice was exactly the same, except for about 50% more bikes per event. And we're talking Novices here - not even the LWT's going for contingency money.

I'll be blunt about this - we have supported 125cc GP racing at a National level for the last decade or more. In that time we have gotten small grids and the riders going off to make their own sanctioning body - then they made a deal with our competitors to run the races with them. I've done everything I can to support 125 racing at the National level - and I finally got tired of supporting what has to be the single most ungrateful group of riders in the country. It hasn't made good business sense ever to run the class. Not one single year. I thought for all these years we were doing it for the good of the sport, I thought arguing with Evelyne every year to keep it was a worthwhile endeavor, now I just think I was an idiot.

We will still have the class at the regionals, this will include Cali and Vegas.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, the USGPRU and it's screwed up predecessor existing in the first place is such a fucking compliment to WERA and all we've done for 125's.

We made a mistake alright.

The only single person I feel sorry for is Kcraget. He has indeed supported us every year he could. The problem is he's the only one. ALl those riders that ran with us when we were the onyll sancitoning body to give them a place to run have all blown us off - and we're supposed to be happy about it?

My answer to you Laura is not go race somewhere else, you either will or won't. In this case it's shut the hell up and get a clue about 125 racing in the US. There is no place for it at a National level and barely one at the club level. Wanna know why? The riders will NOT support it. What a concept!

So gimme some hard numbers - other than you, who purchased a 125 and was going to run all 10 of our Nationals? Hell even Brian didn't last year and he's as hard core as any 125 rider out there. And no bullshit about Cali and Vegas, I know better than to expect you to travel that far.