1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2023 | Pre-Season

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Nov 7, 2022.

1. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

How do we know the Honda that he won multiple champs on wasn't a POS? Discounting a man's champs because he didn't do it on multiple bikes is delusional. Was Tom Brady's first 6 rings less goatlike because he did it on one team? Or Jimmy Johnson's 7 Cup titles, that was on one team. Those bikes change each year.

Boman Forklift and HPPT like this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I wish you could ask Nicky Hayden about that.

Spooner, SuddenBraking and Razr like this.
  3. cbush

cbush Well-Known Member

You think? I think we’re in agreement that winning championships on different bikes (Lawson, Rossi, Stoner) is the more difficult achievement.

I didn’t bring up Lawson simply because my recall of the 80’s and 90’s isn’t as fresh, but I was a Steady Eddie fan during that time (high school), and I’m inclined to agree with you.

4. cbush

cbush Well-Known Member

Am I understanding correctly - you’re assertion is that it’s “delusional” to have an opinion different than yours?

And that maybe the Honda that Pedrosa frequently put on the podium during the same period was secretly a pos?

The Great One likes this.
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You're new here? :D

stk0308 likes this.
  6. cbush

cbush Well-Known Member

Happy to be here though.

HPPT likes this.
  7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Delusion...frequently used beed word for "you're crazy".... look in their dictionary :Poke:
    How many champs did Pedrosa win? (can't believe I said that, he's one of my favorites) but it just shows how much of a goat MM is. How do we know he wouldn't have done better on the Yamaha that Rossi/Lorenzo was on? It's all speculation, that's what makes it fun, settle down Francis (another beebism)
    I wonder what Fabio and Pecco could've accomplished on this years Honda.

8. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

You forgot marinni

9. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I think the VR46 guys will be about the same as this year. Maybe a podium here and there or at the top of a session once in a while. I think Marini is a solid top 10 guy most weekends but not gonna be like Bastianini or Martin.

notbostrom likes this.
  10. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Sucks for Mir that Ducati also swiped up his man Frankie Carchedi for AM73.

11. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

You think it'd be more impressive if Fabio moved to Ducati and won it all in 2023 vs staying on that turd Yamaha and winning it all?

Same question for Marquez.........IMO, it'd be way more impressive for either of them to win on those pizza chits they're currently on then to go to the best bike on the grid and win it all.

Quicktoy and Jack Brock like this.
  12. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

No........don't you get it......you are not a good rider if you win on the same bike over and over. Marquez sucks because he dominated for so many years on the same bike.....even though it may have been a POS, and a great rider like Pedrosa couldn't win a championship on it...but a newbie dominated on that POS for many years in a row.

I also think Quart is a pretty amazing rider, since we saw that Rossi, Morbidelli and Crutchlow couldn't win on that POS.

DJ Baker and SuddenBraking like this.
  13. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I agree that Fabio is a huge talent, he rode his ass off Sunday. I don't think Pecco is any better but was on a much better bike.

14. cbush

cbush Well-Known Member

That’s your understanding of what was said?

lol

15. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

16. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

.....for qualifying.

17. Jack Brock

Jack Brock Well-Known Member

I remember him saying the bike was so small, he looked around expecting Ashton Kutcher to jump out and punk him. I've always wondered how much of HRC's decision was based on the bikes going to 800cc vs. Dani being from Spain.

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

Marini will be on the same bike as last year, he did not get and/or did not pay for an upgrade to the new chassis, so he may very well be running the same lap times as previous. In the test, that showed it wasn't a bad thing.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

When do they need to submit the engines for homologation?

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

They usually get sealed in Qatar, I believe. But that would not work for next year so I'm going to guess wherever the first round is.