1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | 2022 | Race 14 | Misano | Italy | Sept 4

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Aug 29, 2022.

1. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

»Well, that was an entertaining Q2.

The Beer Hunter likes this.
  2. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Wow I really enjoyed the Pit Beirer KTM interview with Simon Crafer in FP3 just after Mark Marquez around the 13:30 mark

Senna, Peter Hively and Badger911GT3 like this.
  3. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

4. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

(Crafar).
    The way he evaded the question of why they released Remy?
    Either way is fine. I can't say it's very likely he would get selected for points, but adds up through Saturday seems fine to me.

5. Boman Forklift

Thats funny, I’m on my phone and even looked up the proper spelling and had double a’s. I guess it switched it back and I never noticed. Spell check on a PC is great, iPhone's not so much.

What I thought was great is Simon asking the tough questions, and calling them out for dumping both rookies. IMO he wasn’t doing a powder puff interview.

SuddenBraking and Phl218 like this.
  6. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Agree totally. I though Simon put the screws to the interview; Pit just wasn't willing to just say anything direct or specfic. The first answer, after a bunch of umms and ahhhs was something like "formal decision not to continue the contract".
    I hope KTM develops a better, and more consistent bike. Michelin dropping the old hard front seems to have hurt them a bunch.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  7. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

I love those mixed condition qualifying sessions. Always a nail biter.

Gutted for Fabio Q for his lousy start position. A good finish tomorrow will be very difficult

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

This sort of punishment is actually way more recent than that.

He was #34 earlier in his career.

9. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

The 'Mericans punching below their weight again. Hard to watch....

10. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

As I was typing that initial post, that was nagging me, thinking of his multiple fights with Jorge in the 250 days; but couldn't recall his number.

But even then, one could be tempted to say it was selected for a reason but I don't remember Dovi particularly fawning over Schwantz....

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

12. Boman Forklift

Also nice to hear him talk about how they have been successful and clearly Aprila has done a better job, KTM just need to regroup and start with people that believe in the program.

Thought it was cool how Crafar called him out on the riders dissing of the bike, when he said Marc has dissed the Honda and he used another example and those riders still have their jobs. Because Pit made it sound like the fact those riders didn’t sweet talk the bike in public, that hurt KTM’s feelings, and they blew the riders out.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2022
  13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Wayne Gardner just spoke out and blamed the sacking of Remy on the personal animosity between his (and Mir's) manager Paco Sanchez and Pit Beirer. It started with Sanchez saying that the offer made to Mir was insulting and typical of Ducati and KTM contracts, like the one Gardner was currently on. From that point on, Remy was screwed.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

https://twitter.com/AntonioRamosGP/status/1566135968331071490

Could be a coincidence…

15. prm

prm Well-Known Member

I thought Pit was a little evasive early on, but later made his point clear when discussing moving forward with individuals who believe in the program, even if its not where they want it now. While Fabio and Marc have been (very) critical of the bikes, they never suggest the brand is bad. Just in a bad position at the moment. Remy shit on the KTM brand..

16. Boman Forklift

I guess I haven’t really paid enough attention what did Remy say about KTM or you can put a link up if you prefer

17. prm

prm Well-Known Member

In reference to his performance, he said something to the effect that he can’t buy a Ducati, he is on a KTM.

BigBird and Boman Forklift like this.
  18. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Pecco with a Rodman tribute helmet? Really? Do they not have a PR person to tell him what a dumbass he is.

19. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Targeting the North Korean demographic.

20. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

He is fucked in the head and that back and forth with oxley was excruciating

Senna and CRA_Fizzer like this.