1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motoamerica at V.I.R.

Discussion in 'General' started by Scott S., May 13, 2022.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

I don’t know what the correct answer is. I’m not convinced it’s a singular issue to begin with. At the very least, fans need to start watching either on TV or better yet, in person and support the current sponsors. Moto-America also needs to further position itself, teams and riders with corporate sponsors, etc. Then you also have diminished manufacturer involvement. Who at the moment, seemingly see minimal value increasing their participation with Moto America.

A very good question with no easy answer. I guess every little thing helps.

cav115 and TurboBlew like this.
  2. G 97

G 97 Garth

Thanks, I honestly forgot and was too lazy to research. :D

rafa likes this.
  3. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Thats obvious to racers & support crew demographic... which is 90% of the membership here.
    Im talking about funding the mini & club level so there is a constant influx of competitors in our domestic MA series.
    You have to figure by the time a club rider has come to the Jr. cup, Twins, or SS series... they have spent a couple hundred thou... give or take.

hotnail likes this.
  4. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

Become good at building personal relationships with people from all walks of life. Pick an online platform and start building presence (brand, following). For club level teams and riders, in my eyes YouTube does the best job of allowing creators to tell a story (who are you, why should care, what are the trials and tribulations of racing, what make it worth do, etc., etc.). Don't make it about the money, nobody likes feeling like someone else personal ATM. Lastly, be patient when you don't see the payoff over night, allow time for things to grow and develop.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Why would they do that? Once the field was past he crossed the track to the infield and in no way was in need of an ambulance. If he had needed one the reaction and procedure would have been totally different.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You didn't need to see him up, you were a spectator. Race control and the corner workers knew the entire time what was going on and had the incident handled. What the announcers said or didn't say is on them and has nothing remotely to do with how the situation was handled.

evakat, hotnail, jd41 and 1 other person like this.
  7. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

It would have save him hurt feelings:Poke:

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Of course he did a few times, he had just crashed his ass off :D Seriously though you can easily tell watching him the initial staggering was normal I just crashed the hell out of myself. He was aware of where he was and what was happening and headed away from the track walking fine, taking his gloves off, not favoring anything or falling back down or any of the things that indicate a rider needs immediate attention. He then walked calmly across track after the last bike and got a rider to medical. His injuries and treatment afterwards just prove that the correct call was made and he was not in need of immediate attention. If things were different the reaction would have been different.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

After a smoke and a pint at the local pub :crackup:

hotnail, Mike Lafayette and Ducman851 like this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

More absolute lies from another click bait bullshit site.

"Catching a slower rider as he took the chequered flag in the second race of the VIR weekend, Petrucci was forced to take avoiding action through the 170mph Turn 1, running wide, falling and hitting a number of sponsorship boards as he fell."

The "slower rider" was fucking Mat Scholz who just beat him. He hit one sign.

Petruccis comments are mostly just flat out incorrect. Not being on TV does NOT mean no cameras caught it.

At least this site is better than crash.net and their bullshit lying ass headline about MA saying they took too long to get to him taking Waynes comments way out of context.

TLR67, ToofPic, MELK-MAN and 5 others like this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That makes absolutely no sense.

jd41 and Dragginass like this.
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They are supposedly professionals and should act like such no matter what the club race rule are or were. If they're fast enough to make the big show they're good enough to get passed cleanly.

hotnail and tophyr like this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Y'all talk too much when I'm offline :crackup:

15. noles19

Hey I have said from the beginning that motoamerica didn't do anything wrong, I was simply saying after he was up there are s few little things that could have been different. Do they need to be different? No but they could be.

16. noles19

You and I both know that is a fine idea but that reality is different. I was also just being a ass with that reply because I hate people bitching about lappers, this is not F1 or motogp lappers have always played a part. And right now they play a part in keeping the series around.

ToofPic likes this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Anything different would make it worse.

Station people outside - now you need a wall and a fence like Barber. Getting personnel out to an actually hurt rider would still require a red flag and response time to any area along the entire front straight (and we have seen people crash all the way down the straight other than maybe a couple hundred yard section right across from the pits) would be the same if not even increased depending on the crash site.

Putting in a wall with multiple access points would remove runoff and make it more dangerous for riders who have not fallen - which is a much greater number than those who do crash.

There were people inside and outside of T1 who could have gotten to the rider had they been needed. They were not so they stayed safe.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh I totally agree, that was purely tongue in cheek. The lappers are a necessary evil to have even a kind of show and honestly watching the fast guys use them or try to use them and have it not work out can add to the excitement big time. It does suck when it interferes with an already good race but so do a ton of other normal things.

noles19 likes this.
  19. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

I'm glad the guy wasn't seriously injured but the media storm (he created) around the unsafe conditions of the MA operation at VIR will only backfire.

Go Jake!!!

418 likes this.
  20. noles19

I don't think it'll be a big deal, I think once motoamerica finally released a statement it was a decent statement and it was good Rainey put it out. He carries a lot of weight across the pond still it seems

hotnail, jd41 and Steeltoe like this.