1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Michelin Motorcycle Championship

Discussion in 'General' started by RickJohnson#29, Jan 30, 2009.

1. 9mil

9mil Yea, that's right

And there you have it! Thanks Sean

2. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

ahhhh, group hug :D

3. Hawk0589

Hawk0589 One Armed Bandit

I dont remember reading that I had to actually get paid. I just remember reading that we have to be top 10 in points :confused:

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That could be but my answer was Phil specific to get him to chill.

5. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Is there any chance of a Friday practice being added? I don't understand why they would put on this high-paying event open to racers all over the country and then expect us to learn the track in morning practice. I'm sure I'm not the only one who wouldn't go if I wasn't able to get some more practice, I guess this will be an event for Michelin riders who have ridden at Barber before.

6. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

:crackup:

7. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Though the GNF doesn't start until Thursday.

8. clowe

clowe Member

I just want to again second that Friday practice thing. We are coming all the way from Colorado and I think it would make for much better racing if we had more than two short practice sessions to set bikes up and learn a new track. Any way to get the track to do a promoters practice?:up:

9. TStinson

TStinson Well-Known Member

I have won Michelin money, my names on the list, but I run a 1098 with aftermarket triple clamps. Any classes that I could run that bike in?

10. Holy cow, I qualified.

But I quit racing this season months ago. This was my first year and I couldn't race the whole season.

But next year, I will be committed. Hopefully I will qualify again so I get to race at the Michelin event next year. That would be AWESOME.

Good luck to all who will be participating this year! :cool:

11. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

9 mil, what up? I got your message the other day. I'll ping you later, it's been hectic, long days on the water, house full of whale researchers, limited cell reception, limited everything but wine and beauty is Lubec, Maine. It's freakin' broad daylight here already. Got to get going. This place is seriously gorgeous. See you guys at Barber...

12. 9mil

9mil Yea, that's right

Yo Slay- I heard you were busy busy up there.. I hate it when the whale researchers take over my house, they can be so needy and the fact that i live nowhere near an ocean makes me think they are a bit abusive of the privilage. Now the otter researchers- that is a crazy group!
    Anything new that might make a showing in the near future?

13. cb500

cb500 long hair hippie freak

I Don't know if I'll be good enough to race by then.
    but are the bikes going to be dyno'd and wieght?
    if so what #####
    it could have allready been posted.
    but who knows when you hit your head and forget a bunch of stuff :beer:

14. cb500

yo Whats up 9mil :beer:

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No Dyno. CCS Thunderbike rules.

16. cb500

cool,Thanks I was thinking asra thunderbike for some reason.

17. jeffrop

jeffrop Well-Known Member

Kinda curious about this myself

18. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

Hey Ricky,
    Hope you can make it out. It would be a shame if you couldn't, considering how you've been riding all year. On second thought, maybe it would be better for the rest of us if you just stayed at home j/k :Poke:.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah me too... I'd say Matt is on the Pro End, you're not. Robbie = Pro. Ricky = Not. :D

20. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

guess you should hve kept that sv you sold me a few months :moon:
    not getting it back now. i love that thing!!!