1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Michelin Motorcycle Championship

Discussion in 'General' started by RickJohnson#29, Jan 30, 2009.

1. RickJohnson#29

RickJohnson#29 Well-Known Member

Hosted at Barber Oct.3-4.By invitation only for racers who compete on Michelin racing tires.Wera and CCS/ASRA come together for this event.There will be 3 classes 600cc Supersport,1000cc Superstock,and Thunderbike/Twin.Each class racers will be divided into Pro,Expert and Amateur divisions with separate purse payouts for each with $87,500 in prize money to be paid out.

2. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

wait for it...

3. Iwanttorace

Iwanttorace Well-Known Member

I thought I was going to try, but I think I am scared of those tires now.

4. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

:Poke: totally new tire.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  5. jr46

jr46 Well-Known Member

ill be trying them soon and for what ive heard there sweet!!!
    Im excited to try them next weekend at Homestead!!!

Rey jr #292

6. mizter1

mizter1 Mizter1

I'm not sure what was wrong with the old tire. I liked em. Yeah the new tire is better but the old ones were good. You just need to know how to ride them. You can't carry as much corner braking or trail braking speed on them. They are less for giving on mistakes. But you just have to get use to them like any other tire.

7. swederacer

swederacer Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great tire!:up:

8. BoyRacer549

BoyRacer549 I was a Spider Monkey!

Thanks for returning my phone calls Troy..

9. mizter1

mizter1 Mizter1

Uh I did like a month ago dbag:moon: I'm calling tomorrow......When U gonna visit cbus. You and your chick plan a trip here before daytona

10. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

Any update on this? Which Michelin racing tire you need to run, which race events and classes qualify you?

Just wondering if I missed the link...

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Anything where you are going for contingency qualifies you. The classes run will be 1000 Superstock, 600 Supersport, Thunderbike/Twins, Femmoto.

Details will be at http://michelinmotorcycle.com/ once they're all sorted out. For now just run the tires :D

12. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

i know you dont know all the details, but do you know what thunderbike/Twins is going to consist of?

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope. At some point we're going to get it sorted but I think that'll be closer to CCS Thunderbike rules than our LWT stuff.

14. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

Sounded like ASRA thunder bike. Buell air cooled, bmw, ducati 1000 ss, sv superbikes.

15. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

So what means more. A Michelin "Championship" or a GNF National Championship? I'm hoping Pirelli and Bridgestone have their own championship as well - and then we can have a "best of the best Championship" to determine the best of the bunch. Oh wait, that's the GNF. :D

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

GNF of course means more than all the others combined :D

17. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

including MotoGP :up:

;)

18. ahastings

ahastings Well-Known Member

which one pays more , thats the real question. CCS Thunderbike is relatively close to WERA LW Twins Superbike.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, the Michelin one will pay more. There will be only one class at Barber, it won't be a WERA or a CCS thing.

20. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Why,you dont run Michelin's
    :confused:

:D