1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Michelin Motorcycle Championship

Discussion in 'General' started by RickJohnson#29, Jan 30, 2009.

1. lovinCO

lovinCO Well-Known Member

Cool, thank you sir

2. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

Did you get caught up yet?

:D

3. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Yeah, what's going on with this thing? Has anything been announced yet? Schedule, rules, fees, number of laps per race, etc.?

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nothing has been announced yet.

5. gonecrazy

gonecrazy Well-Known Member

anyone heard anything?

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Closer...

What are you trying to find out? I've got a lot of general info and working on the detail stuff now.

7. gonecrazy

gonecrazy Well-Known Member

is there a practice day? is it 2 day sprints or just one?

8. 9mil

9mil Yea, that's right

1) what are they using to qualify one to participate (sans the michelin tires part) and which wera class will the points be pulled from?

2) Thunderbike rules?

3) # of Laps?

4) # of Races per class (ie- heat races) and practice/qualifying opportunites?

5) How bad will an SV get beat? This ought to be good :crackup:

Edit..6) is there anything i can do to help get this off the ground?

thanks for any insight-

Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They're not pulling points, if you made Michelin money in the classes they pay contingency in you'll get an invite.
    http://www.ccsracing.us/forms/2009/rules/2009 asra-ccs rulebook.pdf

We'll use their Thunderbike rules. The other classes will be based on our Superstock rules.
    8-10 lap races

Trying for 2 rounds of practice in the AM, grids will be determined from the times in practice. One race per class each day.

With you on it? Badly!
    I think we're good right now.

10. lovinCO

lovinCO Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info Mongo, that helps. Couple more questions....

Will there be promoter practice or any practice on Friday?

Entry in multiple practice sessions if we're running multiple classes, correct?

Thank you!

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not sure on Friday - I don't think anyone is running a track day or the like. There is a Femmoto day on Monday. Check STT's site for info.

There are 8 classes and we'll be running 6 practice groups. To give everyone more time I put the Pros in with the Experts for practice. Right now I think we had decided in the beginning on 600's in Supersport and 750/1k's in Superstock with no bumping up, I'll have to double check that and get back to you. If you do bump up then yes, you'd practice in both groups since that will determine the grids. Saturday practice times will be combined and used to grid Saturdays races then Sundays times for Sundays races.

The tentative plan is 2 rounds of practice each day and then 12 lap races. I'll double check some times to make sure we won't run over and adjust if needed.

12. Echoracing24

Echoracing24 Well-Known Member

:up: Thanks for the update. If I read the classes correctly then the lwt guys will have more than one class to run. We can run a Lwt class and thunder bike class, is this correct?

Thanks, Luke

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope - just one LW Twins class - Thunderbike.

14. studio819

studio819 Well-Known Member

hmmm.....tempting to go to this. Only a 10 hour drive

15. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

Thanks Mongo, sounds good. So if I'm reading that correctly, "One race per class each day" means that we'll essentially have a doubleheader weekend with a race on Saturday and a race on Sunday? How will that affect the payout schedule that Michelin has posted on their site? (i.e. will it be a weekend combined result, will it pay for each race, will it be a reduced payout for each race, or option D "none of the above")? Also, what kind of entry fee are we looking at? Thanks again.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2009
  16. Hawk0589

Hawk0589 One Armed Bandit

Come on down buddy. I'll bring Kim Thomas, and you get pix of me that make me look really fast.

Hmmm....Are there going to be umbrella girls?

17. Schitzo42

Schitzo42 dweeb

Show up for the Michelin thing at Barber. Piddle around on Monday. Tuesday have someone buy you all you can eat Crab Legs in Atlanta. Wednesday start the fun that is known as the GNF. It's all good. :D

-steve

18. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Who serves all you can eat crab legs in Atlanta?

19. studio819

studio819 Well-Known Member

SNAP someone has their sh*t together....now THAT's what I'm talking about. Then I don't need to drive back to Texas between that and GNF since I was already planning on going there anyway. Wife might kill me for being gone that long though, especially if I go to Daytona for that finale too then next weekend and then Vegas for WERA West.

"Honey, I am leaving now for the month, send me video of the kids!"

20. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Curious about entry fees and Friday practice also.