1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mav out at Yamaha?

Discussion in 'General' started by track wagon, Aug 12, 2021.

1. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

I know. My post was based on speculation that Yamaha would be wanting to test new parts during the season AND still try to score points. This may not be the case but it sounded like a compelling argument. So while Mav may be able to do the latter, he's not exactly an ideal candidate for the former.

YamahaRick likes this.
  2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Yeah, testing new parts is not going to happen for him. They can use Rossi for that if for some reason, they have to test stuff before Valencia. He is still plenty fast enough to give them the necessary feedback.

3. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I'd be very surprised if Mav rode an M1 again this year. Stranger things have happened though.

Quicktoy and SuddenBraking like this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

I thought riders in their last half year of contract and jumping mfg didn't get new goodies, unless they were in the championship hunt

5. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

Factories generally stop providing new parts to riders the second its confirmed they are leaving. They don't want them taking any idea of new developments to their new employers. In some cases, those new parts go to satellite riders instead. I won't be surprised if Rossi now gets parts that weren't originally meant for him.

BigBird likes this.
  6. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

I don’t see Maverick getting his head straight enough to outscore Fabio for the remainder of the season. Yamaha also have no interest in seeing that he does that. The constructors championship is scored by the first bike only if I’m not mistaken. The team championship is first two. So while yes, the team one is important, they’ll probably give that one up to keep the drama down. Because let’s be honest, Yamaha can’t trust him to not have another mental breakdown or bad mouth the company when he undoubtedly has another bad weekend.

BigBird likes this.
  7. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Put Rossi back on that m-effer!

8. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Isn't his bike essentially the same, graphics excluded?

9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

yes, but it sure would be an awfully nice gift from Yamaha to Rossi for all he has done for their brand over the years.

10. YamahaRick

I doubt the sponsors Rossi brought to the B team would agree.

Quicktoy, stk0308 and Boman Forklift like this.
  11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You know what, I'm going to be the one to say it. F@ck Rossi. Should have called it quits after 2018 when he was third in points. I'd give him 2019 when he started the decline and 7th.

He got his gifts from Yamaha, time to take him behind the barn and Old Yeller Old Yeller.

and shit. :D

12. YamahaRick

Get in line there pal. I called it first.

If VR46 riders were on Yamahas next year, I'd be a bit softer on the dude.

13. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

heathens

14. YamahaRick

Don't you have some penny stock to buy and lose money on?

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

When Rossi goes to stud and Vindaloo goes to Aprilia you have to wonder if Monster will stay with the factory team and SRT.

Reminds me of when Rossi left Yamaha the last time and Lorenzo was the number 1, all the sponsors left and Yamaha was footing almost all of the bill.

16. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

U guys are on my list!!

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Shut up old man or I'll kick you in the knee and send you back to the ICU.

18. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Dude Ill dwarf toss you across the atlantic so you can have lunch with HPPT

Spang308 likes this.
  19. YamahaRick

Christmas? I prefer to receive gift cards, thank you very much.

20. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

SRT already lost their sponsors because Rossi and likely Frankie are leaving. The old man may not win races but he still sells tickets and merch. Petronas prob based all their ROI calculations on having Rossi in all the marketing. The numbers just aren’t as good without him.