1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mav out at Yamaha?

Discussion in 'General' started by track wagon, Aug 12, 2021.

1. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

dudes in WSBK are mad hungry, and he would come in there with his crybaby bitch shit thinking it was retirement and get smoked there too and then go sulk. like Captain Planet without the little Mexican kid...

no heart.

2. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

It's Jim Carrey from
    Me myself and Irene.
    He found the cow laying in the road and was attempting to put it out of it's misery.
    He had emptied his pistol in it, but it wouldn't die.
    Funny ass movie if you've never seen it!

ShadowBoxer, BigBird and sdg like this.
  3. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

The Todd and rice r0cket like this.
  4. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

I bet Ape is reducing their offer price as we speak.

I think Mav's only shot at a long successful career is if Aleix is terrible and the Ape is already ready to run at the front. Otherwise their low budget and slow development are going to get to him and he'll retire, probably in the middle of some season after a meltdown.

Quicktoy likes this.
  5. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Anyone read Mav's Aprilla deal? Maybe there were incentive clauses for this season ;)

6. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Chill, Winston - just give Mav’ a call and go bounce some bikes off their red limiters to blow off that steam.

Gorilla George likes this.
  7. I have never liked Jim Carrey. It's like he is way too animated trying way too hard to be funny, and he just comes off stupid (to me). Ive only liked 1-2 of his movies, and those were movies where he was playing a normal/serious type role.

8. Phl218

Phl218 .

he says of himself that Jim Carrey is also just one of his roles

9. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Spend more time around cattle and you’ll have no problem punching one.

cav115 and CRA_Fizzer like this.
  10. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

He’s an interesting fellow.

11. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

12. wac

wac Well-Known Member

Maverick to Aprilia next year .

13. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Yep. Full confirmation. Yawn. Don’t care. Lol

14. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Agreed - seems like that signing is just slowing down the inevitable train wreck.

Quicktoy likes this.
  15. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Next question is, will he ride a Yamaha again?

My guess is Yamaha will focus on tryouts.

16. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

He’s one of the fastest riders out there right now. It would be good for Yamaha to hold his feet to the fire on the contract and not let him ride for anyone else; at the same time sidelining his ass for rest of the season.

17. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Right now, he needs to rehab his image. He will be fast as hell. Who is available out there would bring more constructors points to Yamaha during the remaining races? If they are smart, he will be at Silverstone. Just put a muzzle on him for the rest of the season and hit his ass with the door after Valencia.

18. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Depends what phase the moon is in.

noles19 likes this.
  19. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Was listening to a podcast this morning that made some good points regarding development for next year. Probably don't want to risk backslides or failures with new parts on your championship leader's bike but do you really want Mav testing out parts for next year given he is leaving and he tried to sabotage your equipment? I'll add it doesn't seem that the relationship with SRT is there to have either of their riders test new parts but given one is on a 2 year old bike and the other is an uncompetitive pensioner, I'm not sure that would be practical even if that relationship was better.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Sorry about the confusion, the post-season test had not even crossed my mind. I was talking about the final race at Valencia. The minute he can no longer provide constructor's points, they have no use for him.