1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets talk fasting

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

3rd or 4th day is when it gets easy and you are riding that wave. good stuff.

27 likes this.
  2. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Bunch of lightweights around here.
    I remember the good old days, when bloodletting was all the rage, people would be saying how great they felt after their bloodletting.

CBRRRRR999 and pickled egg like this.
  3. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

The old days at Willow watching you, Tigert and Toye in F1 were awesome. I can’t remember if you crashed or broke your big bike in 2011 but you ran the 600 in a few races and hung in. It was awesome stuff to watch.

CBRRRRR999 and wsmc42 like this.
  4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Bloodletting is for real men.

Pussies go to the doctor for their leech treatments. ;)

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Was it meat, or did you only imagine it was meat?

Have you checked to make sure you still have all the sofa cushions? :D

6. gixxerboy55

You ever notice how after getting over getting sick, how good you feel.

There have been plenty of studies, that has later proved to be bunk.

7. gixxerboy55

To lose weight right.

8. gixxerboy55

If you want to lose weight do it the Old fashion way, eat less, eat healthy, and exercise.
    Not some silly fad diet.

9. 27

27 Well-Known Member

thats not nearly as bad of a reply as I thought I’d get for posting about eating meat :) thanks for taking it easy on me…

yeah, it’s odd I’ve had some beef and pork now but only tiny portions and I feel stuffed and lethargic after… might try a couch cushion instead next :D

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

I made shrimp scampi for the freeloaders.

I et a Caesar salad.

I’ll freebase some mint chip ice cream after the chillrenz go to sleep. :D

11. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Yes, only stuff that comes from animals the last couple of months.
    Normally it’s a cup of coffee in the morning with heavy whipping cream to cut it. Then it’s four eggs and bacon or sausage for breakfast about ten O’.
    Then about four some sort of beef and some fish for supper.
    Enough that I’m not hungry again till the next morning.
    Doing that I lost a ton of inflammation and felt way better that I have in a while within a couple of weeks.
    Normally first water I’ll add a Nunn tablet to it. Electrolytes help with all of it also.
    The way life and weather has been I have only been on the bike at the house and haven’t done a harescramble in the last couple of months. I’m sure I will have to add E-fuel or something similar to my camelback to make it through a two hour race with my heart rate in zone four the whole time. The last couple of weekends it has spent 2-3 hours at a time in zone three though without bonking.

I personally believe the older we get and less active life makes us the less tolerant of carbs our body becomes. When you’re young and riding 50 miles a day on a bicycle then you can eat all you want as long as it’s not over processed junk. When you get older and more tied down by life that changes.
    JMO

27, skidooboy, wsmc42 and 1 other person like this.
  12. TCJR218

TCJR218 Active Member

100% Truth. I like layne norton (some of his views) but this if it fits your macros, calorie is a calorie diet is bullshit... I spent 10 years as a national level bodybuilder. I have dieted down to low 4% bodyfat numerous times for competitions.

Your diet is 95% the reason you lose weight. The rest of the 5% is energy expended. Yes, in general if you burn more calories than you intake, you will lose fat. But that is such a broad statement. Macro and micronutrients play such a huge role in how your body performs while in a calorie deficit. I can ramble on this topic enough to write a book.

These fad diets, weight loss pills, etc are all just a money grab and try to make it "easy" to lose weight. It is not easy. Losing fat and getting into shape is hard mentally and physically. The moment you accept it as a challenge and put your head to the grinding stone and tough it out. You will see results. Anyone looking for the easy way out ends with short term results and normally rebound cause of a crashed metabolism while gaining all of the weight back that they lost plus more.

Being in shape and losing weight is a lifestyle. Not a temporary thing. People who want to succeed need to understand this. The way you eat and expend calories needs to change for good. Not for the "3 months" you want to shed some pounds.

13. LossPrev

LossPrev Well-Known Member

I feel like you are agreeing with Layne Norton while also trying to say it's bullshit. The whole fad diet part is exactly what he's implicating is bullshit. A "calorie is a calorie" when it comes to fat storage in the human body. It may be a general statement but that is kind of the point. Body building or other high level athletes needing specific nutrition to maximize performance is a very small percentage of the population. Most people do not need to go into that much detail to lose weight and be healthier.

Wheel Bearing likes this.
  14. LossPrev

LossPrev Well-Known Member

If you can provide some scientific studies showing that increased insulin causes the body to store more fat aka a calorie of carbs is going to be stored differently than a calorie of protein I am happy to read them. The difference that I've found with the educated idiots and Dr. Norton is that he actually cites peer reviewed controlled studies.

15. TCJR218

TCJR218 Active Member

Yes, biologically a calorie is a calorie. Can you lose weight eating pizza everyday? Yes sure if you’re in a calorie deficit.

But, is this approach something the average person with the average will power can keep up with long term? More than likely not. Not to mention you are completly lacking nutrients…

The best way in my opinion and many people’s opinion who have actually dieted to low body fat and maintained it is this. When dieting the goal is to eat the most amount of food as possible while being in a deficit.

This is ALOT more effective when eating lower calorie micronutrient rich food..
    A 400 calorie meal in ground turkey, sweet potato and veggies is a lot more satiating than 400 calories in 1 slice of pizza… if you’re on a 1800 calorie diet what will you stick with?

so, no I do not agree with Layne on his “calorie is a calorie” approach to dieting. Not to mention Genetics play a huge role how a diet is constructed as well as PEDs and any supplements that actually work are taken.

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

It’s a wonder any of you fatties can put the twinkies down long enough to type out all this shit.

Does the Cheetos dust on the keyboard make it harder to type? I know you fuckers aren’t using voice to text, how can you speak with a pound of pound cake stuffed in your maw? :Poke:

BOMDIVR, CBRRRRR999 and turner38 like this.
  17. TCJR218

TCJR218 Active Member

My phone screen is completely covered in cheese and chocolate :crackup:

18. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

[​IMG]

:D

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  19. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

This guy is smarter than I am. He says it’s bullshit.

20. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Gut biome, genetics, age etc play a big part in weight gain or loss.
    I was a sprinter thru college and still do interval training, same workout @ 17 thru 40s. Calories dropped to half what I ate as a teenager and my weight was stable. Now at 60 there's little that can stop the inevitable pooch.

27 likes this.