1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets talk fasting

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

So don't buy farmed fish.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  2. CBRRRRR999

CBRRRRR999 Well-Known Member

Or farm raised shrimp. I may be persuaded to buy farm raised caviar as it seems pretty clean from what I've seen.
    US farmed oysters and mussels seem good too.

3. dazo

dazo Well-Known Member

4. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

The only fish i eat is out of a farm pond or lake that I catch...I don't do seafood at all....no lobster, no shrimp, no puff adder.

Edit that: I do like a Frisch's fish sandwich though.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Plenty of bottom feeding seafood out there eating all sorts of nasty but tasting yummy.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  6. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

Just finished 24 hours. Going to eat a small clean meal, shortly. Ski

7. LossPrev

LossPrev Well-Known Member

Super delayed response, sorry... Came on here to read about the D200 and saw I had been quoted.

Coincidentally, Dr. Norton has an entire video talking about how full of shit Dr. Lustig can be. Dr. Norton also provides a full citation list to all of the studies he used to dismantle Dr. Lustig's claims.

Are we allowed to post YouTube videos now?

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Ramadan starts on Monday if you want to join in solidarity with your fellow Muslims.

9. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

I have been working out, lifting and cardio, with rowing and a wahoo kickr core smart bike trainer, and my roadie, on the zwift app, since just before Christmas. I am down 16-17 lbs so far. That gets me just below 200. Going to keep going as the true goal is 190. In 2021 when I did my last sprint enduro season, I was a svelte 180-185 for most of the spring and summer, for racing. I would love that but, I know the amount of work it takes to get there and stay there. I have been doing the intermittent fasting, most 24 hour stints. and then only eating 1 meal, and repeating that cycle. I dont really have a goal to train other than the weight loss, and retrieve a bit of muscle lost lately. The pipe dream, would be to get in good enough shape to be competitive in my class at the Jack Pine Enduro, in Michigan late August. Time will tell, we are really busy with a house remodel, new fishing boat, etc... I know, first world problems. Good luck, and congratulations to those that are still working on themselves. We deserve it. Ski

Gino230 and wsmc42 like this.
  10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

https://newsroom.heart.org/news/8-h...d-to-a-91-higher-risk-of-cardiovascular-death

lol, seems like there's been a ton of these types of articles talking about all sorts of stuff (racism, climate change, cold showers, watching too much TV, chewing your food too fast, what color socks you're wearing) causing this mysterious uptick in cardiovascular issues in the last couple of years.

Well, except for 1 thing in particular that's DEFINITELY got nothing whatsoever to do with it...that we 100% know for sure.

Gino230, Rising, wsmc42 and 3 others like this.
  11. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Maybe it is because most people doing this, like myself, were overweight to begin with?

Gino230 likes this.
  12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Donuts?

brex likes this.
  13. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

No. The McRib.

14. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

McRib? No!

Shamrock shakes!

15. tjnyzf

tjnyzf Well-Known Member

Currently on a 21 Day Daniel Fast (from the old testament bible). It's basically no food that comes from an animal. No meat, no dairy. No highly processed foods, no added/refined sugar, and no leavened bread. Whole grains only (so triscuits are okay for example). Buckwheat pasta and rice noodles are fine. Quality oils are okay (I use mostly olive oil). Mostly eating legumes, fruit and vegetables. For breakfast I will have a piece of Matza (unleavened bread, tastes like a boring cracker) with all natural, no sugar added peanut butter.

The fast is primarily for spiritual reasons, but last fall I lost 15lbs when I did it. Half way through this one and I have lost 5 lbs so far. I usually get some extended benefit as I don't jump into eating all the processed and junk foods right away after the 21 days. Usually that stuff slowly creeps back in, mainly because my wife keeps buying it and if it's in the cupboard, I end up eating it LOL! I don't ever count calories or carbs. I look at the scale and in the mirror and decide if I need to change eating habits LOL!

I am doing base training for two planned sprint triathlons this summer, so some of the weight loss will be from that also. Biking on indoor training 3X week, running 1-2x week(treadmill if weather is not conducive to running outside) and swimming in pool at gym 1-2X week. Usually throw in a little weight training, when I'm at the gym also. Goal is to get down below 210 by the first Tri in July.