1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets talk fasting

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Nov 25, 2017.

1. vance

vance *

This study demonstrated a high prevalence of prostate cancer that increased progressively with advancing age and was similar at all ages in African American compared with Caucasian men (around 10%, 30%, 40%, 45%, 70% and 80% in the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th decades, respectively).

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2764984/

There's a study from the 50's by some dude named Franks, small sample but basically if you live to 100, you've likely got prostate cancer. The point is it's there but doesn't kill us.

2. vance

vance *

Acidic environment doesn't create cancer, cancer creates an acidic environment.
    I think the confusion, or rather the correlation comes from the fact that if you eliminate glucose from your diet, you're left with a low-ish protein, plant based diet, which happens to be an alkaline diet.

Phl218 likes this.
  3. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

Haven't had anything to eat yet this year. (...just wanted to say that)

That puts me at 41 hours. Feeling a little shaky & thinking a lot about food. Plus I'm supposed to work out in about 3 hours - not sure if I'm gonna make 48 hrs.

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Diet before the fast? Are you getting enough water and electrolytes?

5. acorn27

acorn27 4 out of 3 people in the world struggle with math

Just the “holiday diet” which means anything and everything : )

Plenty of water/coffee/tea. I also donated plasma today which maybe wasn’t the best idea.

Drinking a Naked green machine smoothie now.

6. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Anyone who’s looking for motivation not to eat, watch this show on TLC called “Dr Pimple Popper”. Your appetite will be GONE.

8. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Decided to give intermittent another go, quick question - does it really matter how you ‘break’ your fast each day? In particular, I’ve heard to avoid fats.

9. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I just get whatever makes my mouth water when I think of it. It can be anything...junk food, fruit, home cooking, whatever. My normal MO is to eat freeze pops for a day. For some reason those things are good after a fast.

10. Scotty87

I ain’t trying to eat Doritis Locos and Mountain Dew and then go train, Metalnoggin

11. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I fixed it lol.

12. Scotty87

Not really....

13. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

:crackup:You're one of a kind. I'm trying to wrap my head around the insulin response to fasting for two days, and consuming a few hundred grams of sugar immediately after...

badmoon692008 likes this.
  14. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I freak the fuck out. Not kidding ya. They're like crack. Or meth. The comedown is brutal. I just have something thick the next day to kill the jitters. Thick meaning like a couple of biscuits or some shit.

terminus est likes this.
  15. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Why not just smoke some crack to keep the fast going?

Phl218 likes this.
  16. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Things are goddamned refreshing though... :D

17. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Ok.

18. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Damn straight.

19. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

Meth lasts longer and is cheaper. More efficient than crack. Plus, crack is not as vogue as meth, crack is so 90s.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And meth isn't just for bikers and white trash these days. It's cool for everyone.