1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It may be time for Rousey...

Discussion in 'General' started by socal, Mar 6, 2015.

1. condon66

condon66 Member well known

"In the replays you saw." Well what you didn't see is HH dominate RR the whole time. What you saw in replays was the little bit RR was able to do. She took RR off her usual game, just like I said. ;)

2. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

It's a little less rowdy today..

3. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

You're quickly doing your best to overtake Shit-Roller as the biggest idiot on the beeb.

I'm just letting you know out of humanitarian efforts.

As far as the trolling, well that's just obnoxious. If you can't offer a single counterpoint, or make a statement that isn't condescending or just plain stupid, why do you even post?

I sincerely don't get it. Are you 13? Just hitting puberty?

crashman likes this.
  4. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

I don't think it is scripted, but I do think, from a promoter's standpoint, that the rematch will boost ppv buys.

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

I'm with you. I am actually interested a bit now.

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

yeah I wouldnt think MMA would sink to wrestling type "tune in next time" shenanigans.

7. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Check the RR interview on Jimmy Fallon where RR explained exactly how HH could beat her.

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

:D

9. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

I like RR but she was obviously no where near the conditioning of HH. She looked gassed 3 minuted in. She has never had to fight that hard or that long and HH clearly had a better plan. RR went in there thinking she would fight the same fight she always does and have it over before her eyeliner could run. HH went in ready for a battle and smoked her ass.

10. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

^^^^ I thought she seemed really out of shape too. Sucking wind way too quick. Watching the weigh-in after the fight it seemed RR was scared or intimidated. She talked a lot of trash, but it didn't seem like she really believed any of it. Maybe it was dawning on her she wasn't prepared. Anyway I thought this was a pretty good post:

https://m.facebook.com/#!/story.php?story_fbid=1516008378714762&id=100009168444822

11. mattf

mattf Banned-a-lama-ding-dong.

12. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

Holly Holm's left is ridiculously fast. i dont think Rousey blocked it once that fight.

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Mattf that is awesome lol.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, the issue wasn't the old software it was my tolerance for people posting the same video 20 times thinking it was the latest greatest thing.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I think he was asking because of the post that's no longer there. Someone thought that the old rules perhaps didn't apply here.

BigBird likes this.
  16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ahhh! I just fixed the editing time too.

17. Daekwan

Daekwan Ant Gobert's fav. rider..

So glad she was brought back down to earth. I was already tired of her mouth when she kept "calling-out" Mayweather. But the final straw was when she refused to shake hands with HH.

I have no doubt she will shake her hand (and close her mouth) before the rematch occurs. If there is anything boxing, mixed martial arts, etc should teach.. it should be respect & discipline. Because right when you get to that point where you are the most badass person alive.. there is always someone else that is just a little more of a badass. And you usually find out who that person is.. in the most embarrassing way possible.

Her knockout.. reminded me of Buster Douglas KO'ing Tyson 20 years ago. He was never the same after. And I dont expect RR to be the same after either.

Gorilla George likes this.
  18. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Anyone that has seen it all the way through and not just the knockout, can correct me. My opinion is that RR likes to try to defeat her opponent at her own game first. She started down that road with HH, but didn't get far. I think RR was much more hurt than she led on from a very early 1st round punch. I don't know which one, but I mentioned to my buddy that her face had more color in it than I've ever seen and that was early in the first. We just didn't believe that RR would do anything less than throw HH down and wrestler her into submission. In hindsight, the fact that she just kept walking toward HH and taking punches along with the fact that on only her 2nd take down attempt HH actually reversed and throw RR down, may have been because she was essentially out on her feet. I think the fact that she still seemed OK to fight shows her toughness.

My buddy actually went against my advice to NOT get the fight. I tried to tell him he would feel gypped after it was over as we always do. RR would complete some arm bar in 10 seconds and it would be weak. He got it anyways on the hope that the Silva/Hunt rematch would be as epic as their last meeting. If you haven't seen that fight it may be the single best MMA fight I've seen. That fight was weak, but the RR/HH fight made it worthwhile.

19. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

Dude, Mayweather is a punk through and through. He picked and chose his fights to stay undefeated. To my knowledge, RR didn't call him out on that obvious fact, she called him out on beating his women. Something I'm sure RR probably took offense to. Mayweather then talked about money, as he always does, and RR shut him up again with some data to show per fighting second she actually makes more. Mayweather can't KO anyone, he relies on judges decisions to win. Just like figure skaters.

I'm not a fan of RR, she definitely seems to have a big head, but I didn't appreciate this fight because she lost to take her down a notch, I appreciated this fight because it was entertaining and well fought by HH. Then HH didn't gloat, she actually returned to see how RR was, looking to hug it out.

20. L8 Braker

L8 Braker 'Murica

It appears that RR didn't train as hard as she usually does. She didn't look as toned or focused on fighting. Instead, she seems to be giving more attention to her new found movie career. She even stated that after this fight she was done for a while (gonna disappear) due to the demands of shooting film. I know I saw her on a few late night talk shows.

On the flip side, it seems that HH trained harder than ever before in her life.

The results are what should be expected.