1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It may be time for Rousey...

Discussion in 'General' started by socal, Mar 6, 2015.

1. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

All this talk of self promotion and talk shows and movies, etc., you gotta understand that MMA is not a lifelong career. You're in, you're out. And then you're stuck saying 'what the hell am I gonna do now to put food on the table'? The talk shows and books and everything else she does promotes her which promotes UFC which makes her the biggest draw in UFC which makes her the current highest paid UFC athlete.
    I don't think she didn't train hard, I just don't think she trained right.
    Her and HH hugging it out at the end was a side of RR that I don't recall seeing before.

Shenanigans and MELK-MAN like this.
  2. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

the trash talk by RR did something.. brought a LOT more attention to the fight, and potential rematches. Stupid on her part or perhaps clever? But to say the fights are staged and/or scripted? Ya can't be serious.
    And yes, the "hug-out" afterwards speaks volumes in my view. Why RR stood up for so long? i am not enough of an expert to say, but as some pointed out, she was tagged hard in round 1. I too saw her pretty much outa gas very early. Not prepared. Perhaps making way too much money in book signings, tv interviews, or just simply not having a strong enough stand up game for arguably the best stand up gal in the game right now.

3. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Getting the shit kicked out of you will get you out of gas pretty quickly

4. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Funny about why she called out Floyd considering she's balling Travis Brown who is a wife beater.

I do not like Mayweather, just pointing out the irony. :D

5. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

allegedly, not proven. His accuser is not following through with the investigation/charges.

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I guess these guys complaining about RR'S speech must really hate Muhammed Ali.

7. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

First punch to the face and Rondas eyes went wide open and she started breathing through her mouth. Think her nose got broke?

8. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I was and still kinda am a RR fan, but God I couldn't stand her constant thuggish/PO'ed attitude, not shaking hands before or even after most fights. It's like she has to hate every opponent, kinda sad.

Even with HH, the NEW CHAMP, showing lotsa respect, RR STILL gave a standoff-ish look when HH hugged her and tried to tell her something....her attitude makes her a look unsport[wo]manlike.

9. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

you are seeing something post-fight TOTALLY different to what i saw. They hugged it out for a good bit, HH said some words, RR almost appeared to be trying to keep her composure and not cry.. Way different from what you describe. Also, in prior fights, RR's opponents were shit talking big time. What did you expect her to do ?

10. _indy

_indy Well-Known Member

RR was shown real short in technique with a boxer. She tried to play HH's game and LOST BIG TIME.
    Will see is RR can train and get some boxing and kick boxing in her bag or at least learn how to deal with it.

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

Walk of Shame - RR hides face at airport

Her new supporter.....none other than Floyd Mayweather, but of course he does throw this in there, "I've never been on the other side, so I don't know how it feels. ...but we still have to take into consideration that she has feelings."

12. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I read that this morning - interesting indeed. Floyd is fast with his hands and maybe with his words too. :)

13. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Just saw that vid. Reports says no broken jaw, but makes 'ya wonder since she's hiding it, but prolly just looks all beat to he-double l!!

14. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Read where Miesha Tate was dissing her for be KO'ed! Miesha better hope she doesn't cross paths with her again.... she'll pull her arm completely off! :)

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Her first post-defeat interview should be interesting. Real test of character for RR. Hehe waiting to see who steps up to Holly as well.

16. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Agree on the character test.

I thought the fight could go either way. Boxing skills still have some merit in MMA. IMO

Cybord posted a simple response, ":)"

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

Mayweather did offer her boxing training if she wanted it...oh Floyd...you're too much

18. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

What's the catch? :)

19. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I think he was trolling her honestly. My second guess is that he is one of those people that needs the spotlight and would do it so he would stay relevant for a while longer.

20. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

I'm not sure she was aware of anything she was doing immediately after the fight.

MELK-MAN likes this.