1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm sick and tired of these f'ing ammo runs.....

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ClemsonsR6, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

No, the thread is about the unavailability of ammo in stores. There is no ammo on shelves and you argument that everybody should have stocked up when it was cheap goes for centerfire as well. BTW, your argument about reloading doesn't hold water either, seen any of that on the shelves lately either?:rolleyes:

2. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

You're crazy man, I havent been able to find .22lr for weeks now around here. I had no reason to stock ammo in a caliber I didnt own until XMas.

3. Hordboy

Hordboy B Squad Leader

I don't know where you guys have been shopping, but I've been able to find everything I need, and at pre-crazed prices. Within the past few weeks I have bought several thousand .22 cal bullets for my high power competition needs, .22LR, 6mm bullets for my bench rifles, 9mm, .40, and .45 bullets for pistols. And primers. I just bought 1k 115gr. 9mm Berry's plated bullets this AM, for $68. I can't help it you guys suck at shopping. :Poke:

4. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Glad you can find it so easily there. I've had problems finding it in Snellville (outside of Atlanta). Very scarce as well. All rounds except shotguns.

5. Hordboy

Hordboy B Squad Leader

Hasn't been easy, you just have to keep sniffing around and know where to look.

6. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Yeah, starting to check lesser known places now. Off the norm places. Definitely a challenge now.

7. Slider82

Seems like panicked horders are buying everything up.:Poke:

8. Hordboy

Hordboy B Squad Leader

:p I shoot a lot, I stock a lot. It also pays to have a loyal relationship with your local gun shop. In any case, all this will just take a little patience. It isn't like ammo and component suppliers have quit making the stuff.

9. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

You need to pick a side, just a bit ago you said the local hardware store had everything in stock with full shelves?

10. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

:stupid:
    Free bullets don't hurt either. They don't ALL have to go back, do they? ;)

11. Slider82

Did you miss the part where I said all the shelves at Walmart were empty?

12. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Still plenty of ammo in my local stores, not counting Wal-mart. Haven't been there in a while.

13. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

.223? Any idea how much per round? Only reason I've seen any was because the shop wanted $35 for a box of 20 rounds.

If its not that high, maybe I need to drive out to Lebanon and stock up myself.

14. brex

brex Well-Known Member

There are on-shelf stocks of varmint-tipped .223 for $15/box of 20 around here.
    I snagged two 100 round Federal 9mm boxes at WalMart this morning. Talk to the sporting goods staff, see what time the daily trucks get unloaded and stop by around that time.
    I plan to hit mine daily for the next week until they run out waiting for the Fuhrer to try his edict.

15. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

FEMA is blowing out 1.6 billion rounds of hollow-point right now, on Craigslist.
    5.56, .40, 9mm
    They just realized that it is against the law to use HP on invading Nation's troops so the only people that can be shot on our soil w/ hollow-points is US citizens. Once they figured that out, they are dumping it at 1/2 price.

16. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Academy looks like they just finished up a going out of business sale in the guns 'n bullets section. Congratulations to Barry, Dianne and the rest of the knee jerk assholes for selling more guns and ammunition than anyone in history. Idiots...

17. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Hey if you want to know why these ammo runs are happening check out the New York law that just got signed...

ALL ammo purchases require a background check and must be report to authorities now.

18. ms.madman

ms.madman Well-Known Member

Available ammo is all dependent on the area it seems. Local shop has little bit of everything. I've only purchased .40 S&W lately. I asked about 22LR and was told it goes quickly. Same shop has several AR types in stock as well at somewhat normal prices.

19. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

Where? I cant find any target 9mm anywhere near memphis. I assume your location means near memphis.

20. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

I'll take a look tomorrow or next day to see what they are charging.