1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm sick and tired of these f'ing ammo runs.....

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ClemsonsR6, Jan 12, 2013.

1. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

:stupid:
    If it's for free, it's for me!

Cue........Darren?

First gas shortages, now ammo shortages.....what's next?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  2. Hordboy

Hordboy B Squad Leader

Missouri 200SWC's. Great plinking/target bullet. I have a stash of them, a little bit less than 8 cents each.

3. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

You're welcome, Commie :Poke:

Zombies. Duh. :rolleyes:

4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Accurized®

5. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Insane is the people who are buying .223 @ $1.30 per round.

I'd throw rocks as defense before paying that.

6. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

I dont get the whole ammo hoarding thing. I keep 500 rounds of each caliber gun I have, when I start getting low I buy another 500 just because its cheaper to buy it like that.

All the idiots do is make the stuff sell out driving up the price, then theyre sitting on 5000 rounds of ammo theyre never gonna use.

7. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

i beg to differ. i havent bought any .223/5.56 since the "scare". i have had my "stock" for awhile, use a little, replace a little. i try to keep 500 to 1000 per each gun i shoot regularly. those that didnt prepare, see the writing on the wall and did not stock up.... you get what you get.

the people this hurts the most are the casual shooters that only buy when they want to have fun. now they are stuck paying the supply and demand pricing. it sux but, it is what it is. stock up, or dont shoot.

the prices will come back to reality (it is starting already), just buy it when you see a good deal. DONT WAIT, IT MIGHT NOT BE THERE TOMORROW.

had a friend during the scare call me frantic about an ar purchase, ammo purchase ect... i gave him several "deals" i found. he waited, then called, "hey, those were out of stock". he was waiting for a day or two to look at what i sent, and compare ect... finally i sent him one last deal, i told him if he didnt buy that evening, dont call, text, or ask about anymore deals... i am done with "helping" you. he finally got the picture, and bought what he wanted/needed.

with the internet, people are helping people find these "deals" when you see it, dont just add it to your cart, and wait till you get home to finish the deal.... FINISH THE DEAL!!! HUNDREDS OR THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE IN YOUR SAME FRAME OF MIND ARE BUYING NOW, AND NOT WAITING. when you get home you may be too late.

most 5.56 and .223 are starting to come back to the .50 per round price when you can find a deal. lots of people have ammo overpriced at 1.00 per or more. just laugh and pass on those items, and wait, the prices will come down in a few weeks/months.

your results may vary. Ski

Last edited: Jan 13, 2013
  8. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

also, depending on the online retailer, if you can backorder an item, they will sell it to you at that price when it comes in. they dont charge your card till it ships, and you get the good price later. i have ammo, and pmags on order that way now. guys that bought a few days in front of me, are starting to get theirs now, mine will be comming shortly.

the only thing i will go crazy waiting for is, my supertacticool LaRue stealth 5.56 upper with the 18"bbl and 11" free floating quad rail. to finish my current build. i might be waiting till xmas for that one. :D Ski

9. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

Do much 22LR reloading?

10. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

I remember used to just go out and plop out 200-400 rounds of .223 at the range and then ordering a 1000 round case for $99. Do that a few times and your "stash" builds up.:D

11. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

Walmart is out of everything except shotgun shells, the local hardware store had a full case with plenty of ammo in every caliber. Not an empty spot on the shelf.

I would tell where it is but people around here didn't panic and we don't need a bunch of wild eyed idiots coming around and buying everything on the shelf whether they have a gun in that caliber or not.:down:

12. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Wonder how many of these people are just buying to resell?

13. Quick10

Quick10 Habitual Offender

One of the guys I work with decided to sell some of his .223 so I bought got 250Rds for $125. I'm sure that the dude still made some cash but I felt pretty good about it.

14. Hordboy

Hordboy B Squad Leader

:rolleyes:

What is your point? This thread is mostly about centerfire stuff being unavailable or stratospherically priced. .22LR is so cheap there's no excuse for not having a couple coffee cans of the stuff stashed away.

15. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

our walmart has not had bulk 22lr since the election or 100 count federal 45 or 9mm .

16. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

:stupid: +1

17. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

$.50 per round is still a good cost. You came out fine on that.

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Sad that statement is so true. I recall a pic on ar15.com last year sometime of a dude standing in his garage with cases of 5.56 shoulder high stacked on pallets. It's fucking retarded. Or it's genius when ammo is worth more than gold.

19. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

That's the truth. I think I remembered it being around $.35 or $.39 at it's low point. It won't be back to that again until the production lines catch back up. Going to be a little while on that one. In the meantime, I'll be okay shooting the .22. I'm good on ammo for it with some lighter runs with the AR.

20. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

LOL, yeah, I'm beginning to get low on 9mm after about 12 or 14 years of being supplied by my now ex son-in-law. He was a New Mexico state officer and they often were given ammo by the Federal boys so he passed some of it off to me. I still have about 6000 rounds of 38/357 and .45 bullets for reloading though. Lifetime supply. :)