1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm sick and tired of these f'ing ammo runs.....

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ClemsonsR6, Jan 12, 2013.

1. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

rule of thumb for .223 or 5.56 now is, anything near .50 per round is a deal (brass case). before the scare and hording, you could get it for about .36 per round. it is as high as 1.50 or more per round at some gougers. just move on, and wait for a better deal.

Ski

2. forceten

forceten Well-Known Member

I'm almost afraid to use my current stock to go target shooting as I can't see finding any replacements anytime soon (east coast). What if this doesn't blow over and just gets worse

3. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Interesting question that I've been asking myself.

I keep a box of the good defensive rounds for each pistol that I have. I don't use the pricey stuff at the range.

The ball ammo, I've been buying what I can, when I can, and using it for sport at the range. I figure if things get worse, and ammo becomes unobtainium, I can at least reflect back and think of all the good times I had shooting my guns in 2012 and 2013.

If shit hits the fan, however, I reckon I made a bad choice. :D

4. forceten

50-50 chance on things right now.

We should eaither all sell our guns and ammo - make a ton of $$$$ and rebuy when things calm down. Or Horde everything and buy everything is sight, even if its expensive.

5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Same here lol. I'll move over to another caliber if I must. Something Russian and obscure.

6. forceten

I bought a brick of russian .22 once, most of it misfired and was crap. Stay away from some of that stuff

7. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Agreed, it's a tough call. The wife and I went shooting on Sunday. Shot about 350 rounds of .22. That was cool cause I have about 6k rounds.

Meanwhile, I shot about 40 rounds of .223 to explode some pumpkins and wanted to call it quits half way through due to fear of future availability to replace the spent 40 rounds.

In the end, we shot all 40 but that will be the last time the .223 goes out until the future is known.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  8. ms.madman

ms.madman Well-Known Member

Double Barrel in Olive Branch had ammo yesterday morning when I stopped by to pick up some .40. Possibly call ahead to see if they have what you need.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  9. ms.madman

Some larger calibers seem to work ok with cheaper ammo, but the cheaper .22 brands always seem to be mucho shitty in my experience.

10. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Maybe we the Canuks will start smuggling ammo over the border? Ya know, like booze during the prohibition?

11. ms.madman

Definately $$ to be made. Maybe do some tunnels under the border like the drug smugglers down south.

12. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

As the American public looses its appetite for the drug war, a new prohibition is needed to fund the banksters and their black market buddies. We now bring you "The Gun War"

13. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

14. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

:up: Well said.
    Oh, they are going to have so many new gov jobs and infringements....they are going to make a fortune.

15. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

16. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

I wanted to go to the range on my day off last Friday. Called the range and asked for .223-was laughed at. Went to wal-mart, nothing but shotgun shells. Went to Academy, nothing but shotgun shells. Drove to the other side of town to BassPro, nothing but shotgun shells. Okay...back to the house and swap for the .22. Drove to the range-"we are out of .22." FRAKKKK

Went and bought a Gamo pellet gun and now Im forced to sit in the back yard and wait for squirrels. Thanks Barak!

:down:

17. charles

charles The Transporter

As I've said for years...forget guns, forget bullets...move on over into high explosives..a bigger bang for your buck, just remember to stand back a bit.

18. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

ICR exactly when the last scare was but since then I have have been dollar cost averaging ammo monthly since then. I have accumulated a very ample supply of 22lr, 7.62x39, .308, 9mm, .380, .357 and .38 as well as some more exotic specialty caliber stuff. Also have plenty of 12GA stuff in 00, #1 and game loads as well.

I absolutely knew this day would come and it'll take a year to settle down. I was at a gun show here in metro Houston and the weekend "gun dealers" were gouging teh fuck out of this stupid buyers. TulAmo 6.62x39 in a 640 round spam can for $340 WTF!!! I bought that crap at $129 - $139 six weeks ago! Of course it was 3:30 on Sunday and he had plenty of it so I dont think he was selling much of it.

I got caught short last time this shortage came, I promised myself it wouldnt happen again and Im glad I had a plan for building a supply and stuck to it.

19. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

Expect the black helicopters soon!

20. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical