1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Bersa makes a single stack poly frame pistol in 9mm, .40 and .380.

2. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  3. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Knowing Hyatts, MSRP is probably 499.

4. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

Yup, it was announced and is official. Finally a single-stack 9mm from Glock.

Probably too little, too late at least for me. I already bought a Shield 9mm years ago. If the Glock was available circa 2010, I'd have one. But since then, there has been a huge increase in small 9mms. But they'll sell the shit out of it.

5. madcat6183

madcat6183 2006 GSXR

Did you see the MSRP on the Glock? Like $560ish, so a $500 single stack 9mm, no way Jose. Can get a Shield AND a Bodyguard for close to that and have even more firepower for the same price. Or almost 2 Shields. :down:

6. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

7. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

8. ton

ton Arf!

so, excuse my ignorance here...

comparing the single stack semi-auto 9mm (6 shots) to a small frame .357 with 3 inch barrel (5 shots). which would you choose?

i know, the Glock is probably way cheaper. also, one more shot. but, the 9mm round doesn't have nearly the energy of a .357 Mag. about the same carry weight. revolver may conceal better?

maybe i'm just old school, but i'm more interested in revolvers.

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Revolvers are dead reliable, but hard to reload under stress. They may also be harder to shoot hot loads because there isn't a spring to absorb any of the recoil.

The nice thing about the older style baby glocks was always that they could accept the same mags as the full size guns, so cops carrying a G22 could have a backup G27 in their boot that used duty mags. Not so with these single stacks. That's really the only negative I see about this new 9mm. I don't have anything in 9mm but I'll probably pick one of these up for carry anyway.

10. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

I have a 2" 38 revolver and a 9mm Shield... I pick the Shield every day. More accurate, easier to shoot, faster/more accurate followup shots and significantly faster reloads if needed. I'm absolutely not concerned with any perceived difference in "energy" between 9mm and 357 (or any other handgun caliber) since it's mostly a non-issue.

11. desmo2

desmo2 Well-Known Member

I have more Glocks than anything else, but if this new one is priced $100 or more over the Shield, I'm probably going with a Shield.

12. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Can someone explain to me why simple small-frame revolvers are so damn expensive?

I would absolutely carry one if I could find one for the price of an LCP...

13. ton

ton Arf!

retail on small frame .38sp is in the same neighborhood as LCP or Shield, but as soon as you bump up to a .357 in the small frame the price nearly doubles.

yes. that annoys me, as well.

14. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

Just got news that my PPQ is in! Was saving for Glock 19 for almost a year, shot the PPQ a few weeks ago and fell in love. Not sure why but I seemed to shoot the PPQ much better even though I'v been renting and shooting 19's for months now. M&P 15 next!

15. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Grand daughter came home with this today...time to go bang some steel.
    Ruger 22/45 Lite

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Kid's got good form!

17. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Any thoughts about the Sig P290RS? Single stack, reasonably small and...Sig...

18. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I'm talking CHEAP. I'm looking at a Phoenix Arms HP22A. I would pay more for a small frame revolver with interchangeable cylinders for 22lr and 22mag, but not $250 more like ruger and Taurus want. It's a simple design. Make it cheap! And for fuck's sake, give me 9 or 10 rounds in the cylinder when it's such small caliber ammo!

/rant

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The G43 is looking nice. iraqveteran8888 has a lengthy range test with it on youtube.

20. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Lower market volume and more manual labor involved in making revolvers is my guess. Love my little SP101 hammerless.