1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Uncle has his FFL, doesn't charge me anything extra besides the 2 day shipping. Very fortunate for me and my increasing love of purchasing firearms.

Also, having my boy Andy build me a blade. Check out this former SEALs cool company he's building...Half Face Blades. Not sure if his website is up yet but you can find him on Facebook. As they say, "Guns for show, knives for a pro".

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  2. desmo2

desmo2 Well-Known Member

3. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

About time. They've had that offer for a few weeks. Wish I got my shield for that price :(

4. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

I'm not reading all 800 billion posts here.. little bro's looking for a concealable .40, what brands/models/features should we be looking for? He's a pretty good sized dude, 6'2 or 6'3, so a short grip will probably be uncomfortable for him. all i know otherwise is single row magazine to keep it thinner.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not in a 40 but just saw Glock is introducing a single stack sub compact 9.

6. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

Well its about damn time. I've been wondering why they haven't up till this point. The market is ready for something in-between their .380 and the G26.

7. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

sounds pretty good.. i doubt he'd care about .40 vs 9mm

8. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

There are some Kahr's in single-stack .40. Maybe Walther PPS. Springfield EMP. Sig 239. S&W Shield is stack and a half, so maybe include it.

9. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

WHAT?!! LINK PLEASE!! This is my Holy Grail gun! :clap:

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Agreed, I like the frame size in all dimension on my 26 other than the width.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Checking.

12. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Is it formal? Last I saw was they were announcing something on the 20th, and everyone went nuts thinking it was the single stack.

I'm betting it will be something completely useless like a compact frame longside 10mm that's optic ready or something. I think the Glock single stack won't be out until after the Honda V4 superbike.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, took a post someone made as fact but it was just reposting more rumors.

15. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I know, .380 GAP cartridge just to piss everyone off some more.

Oh snaps, there is hope......

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  16. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

I think it's coming. It should be the same size as the .380. (same frame)

17. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Well, well, well…..speaking of the G42.

Just so happen to have picked up one today. :beer:

Guy at the LGS did say they were going to introduce a 9mm version soon, I went ahead and put my name down for his first one. :crackup:

Attached Files:

18. desmo2

desmo2 Well-Known Member

I would think Glock would have made an announcement like this not even two months ago, during the SHOT show. Why now? No competition for their spotlight?

I'm in the market for a single stack 9mm. The Shield was my pick, but I have plenty of experience with Glocks. I've carried one every day for 18 years and I own 5 of them (G27, G17, G21, and two G22's). I will anxiously await the chance to compare the Shield to the new Glock.

When could I reasonably expect them to hit the streets? Even when they do, I'm sure there will be an initial mad rush that will make them hard to get.

19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

You buy your guns off the streets? :Poke:

20. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

Well, this thread got me thinking about a new handgun a couple of weeks ago and I've always wanted a gun in the 1911 platform, so I started doing some research. I've been a fan of the Springfield Armory for a while and started looking at what they had to offer in the .45 lineup.....1911 style. I pulled the trigger (pun intended) on this one and ordered it. Should be here next week.....hopefully.

[​IMG]

4" barrel match grade, 7+1.

Of course, you gotta have a decent holster to carry with, so this is the one that I ordered for it....

[​IMG]