1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

DanielDefense have a good reputation as solidly built.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Cool. Read up on them some after he sent me pics and info, seems like a cool company. Funniest part is their factory is right at the exit where we get off of I-16 to go to Roebling. Almost stopped last trip to take a picture for him but ran out of time and also had this thought that taking pictures of a gun factory might look a little weird to the people inside with all the guns :crackup:

fastfreddie likes this.
  3. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

A selfie shouldn't be too concerning...and then you could ask us to caption/critique it, without the stigma of having posted on IG, et al! :D
    (Anything for entertainment, right?)

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

With or without duck lips?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't do selfies.

6. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Just a couple weeks ago shot my stepson's- not sure of the model but it was an 8" barrel in 5.56. All I can tell you is it shot very nice, but personally nowhere near the price premium they want.

7. fastfreddie

Well, then, you would certainly look suspicious.

8. fastfreddie

DD doesn't make anything with an 8" barrel.

sanee likes this.
  9. I reckon it depends on how you are defining “one hole”.

I can damn near do it now with a 9mm. That’s 3 mags worth of rounds, almost all through the same hole :D

6E10933E-9D83-4CC0-B0CB-09D25476FDC2.jpeg

But if you mean “one hole” as in literally, the same one small hole the size of one round, like the shit Will Smith did in “Suicide Squad”, then yeah that is something I haven’t done……….yet.

Sabre699, RonR and fastfreddie like this.
  10. fastfreddie

How far was that target from the muzzle?

11. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

That’s impressive. Now blow my mind
    and say it was 20 yards

12. Hahaha no. It was only 8 yards.

13. I don’t think a 9mm handgun is inherently accurate enough to put multiple rounds through the same (single) hole, probably not at any distance. Well, maybe at like 2 yards or some shit. But not at any distance to speak of.

When they test guns with different ammo for magazines, even using a rest/stand to eliminate the human variable as much as possible, at 20 yards the groups will still be 2-3” depending on the gun/ammo.

14. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Still impressive!
    No real flyer to speak of.
    Somewhere between mag 2 and 3 I would’ve lost some concentration. Comes with being old lol

Gorilla George likes this.
  15. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Disclaimer- my stepson is kind of a dipshit, probably 8.5 or 10.5"

16. Nah, no real flyers. A couple of them got away from me a little, but they still would have been “on target” if it was a self-defense situation.

But I shoot a lot. If I had to put a number on it, I’d say I probably average 1000 rounds a week.

Im not racing, and I pay for people to look after the yard. So that’s basically all I do is workout and shoot. On days I don’t go to the range, I’ll practice drawing and play with the laser round in the house.

17. fastfreddie

They have 10.5" (actually 10.3") in 5.56.

18. fastfreddie

A little more than double the range and 5 rounds of .22 through just one of those 9mm holes without touching paper and that's what can be expected from precision .22 shooting.
    Basically, your ~2.5" group reduced to ~1/3" group at twice the distance.
    Yeah, for our sakes, you're not interested...yet. :D
    Give us a heads-up, will ya? :crackup:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2023
  19. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I had no idea your round count was anywhere near that high. So much makes sense now. I will now be more careful with my ammo sources

20. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

I have the same one.
    Love it.