1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Will do :crackup:

2. S Tsotsoros

S Tsotsoros aka General Tso

3. :crackup:

There are 2 local gun shops I support, and one of them has a range. Because I give them so much business, the 1-hour timer doesn’t apply to me.

And as long as nobody else is in there (there are only 5 lanes), they let me shoot from the draw, and rapid fire. They just ask me to do it when nobody else is around, so other people don’t think they can do it also.

The wife works from home in the morning and we go to the gym at 2pm. So in the mornings (always 2x per week minimum, and usually 3x per week) I’ll go to the range.

I always take 5 guns, each with 4 magazines pre-loaded. And I’ll take an extra 300-500 rounds with me (depending on if I have anything else to do before we go to the gym).

I’ll bring some water and a couple protein bars, and will spend 3 hours back there playing.

That’s the indoor range. When the weather isn’t shit, I’ll go to the outdoor range 1-2x per week because I can’t shoot the ARs at the indoor range.

Which means when the weather is good, there are many weeks when I’ll be at one range or the other 4-5 days a week.

But yeah, that’s why I buy a lot of ammo. If I get down to 10k rounds I start to get nervous. It sounds like a lot, but that’s only ~10 weeks of shooting. At any given time I typically have 25-30k rounds on hand (between all the calibers).

Last edited: Mar 30, 2023
  4. I’ve got two P320’s (regular and X-FIVE Legion) and have never had anything like that happen.

But I haven’t thrown them against walls, hit the back of them for no reason, or dropped them from helicopters either.

In “normal” usage, mine have been great.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  5. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

P320 XFive DH3 owner here. About 1000 rounds probably through mine now. Performed flawlessly.

6. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

thats got to be LOUD as fukkkkkk!!! even suppressed its still gonna be loud. Not to mention balistics

Jed likes this.
  7. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

They definitely are on the premium price list nowadays but atleast they finally stepped up with their lowers being ambi. I do get a giggle telling my non 2A buddies when the whole support local topic comes up haha

8. F you OpticsPlanet and your sneaky sales. Seriously f u. Bought another Bog tripod this time the carbon fiber infinity as well as another deathgrip in carbon and another deathgrip ground blind chair (these are best damn money I’ve spent for someone with a shoulder that can barely shoulder a rifle).
    They have some great April fools (but no joke) deals on red dots that popped up this morning.

9. I can tell you that one of my 365’s gets pretty abused and never an issue. I do maintain my stuff better than 99% of the population though.

10. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I have a small turbo k on my 11.5” 5.56 and it’s very comfortable to shoot without earplugs. I know a lot of people wear hearing protection even when suppressed but I have yet to feel the need. My hearing has had some hard miles but I seldom say “what?”

11. You addressed the first statement with the 2nd one.

You don’t realize it, but you’ve already lost enough of your hearing that it simply isn’t loud to you anymore.

I wear earplugs all day at work, and I even sleep in them (home and work). My hearing is good enough that everything will wake me up. Or at work, someone can just drop a 10” Crescent wrench on the deck behind me and it will hurt my ears.

Guys will be like “What’s wrong? That wasn’t loud”. I’m like “No, it wasn’t loud TO YOU…because you’ve already lost some hearing and just don’t realize it”.

GixxerJohn011 and Yzasserina like this.
  12. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

Exactly
    That’s why I felt the need to qualify my statement. @motorkas was at the house and I was shooting my 30-06 with an oss can. To me it was fine. I believe his word was rowdy. Young and dumb comes back to haunt you if live long enough.

Gorilla George likes this.
  13. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Excellent point GG. I've been wearing earplugs for 40 years at work, shooting guns, and even inside my helmet. Last year I had a hearing test, and the doctor said whatever you've done, keep doing it, exceptional hearing for a 58 year old.

A few years ago at Grattan, I took my buddies R6 out for a session and forgot my plugs. I managed to finish the session, but it was like torture. That bike likes the revs between 12-16K, and the shriek inside my head was deafening...it actually hurt my ears.

I'm actually surprised my hearing is this good, because of the hundred of concerts I've been to....Led Zeppelin (1976) was loud, not to mention Ted Nugent and his wall of Fender amps set to 11 :D My buddy worked at a record store and got us tickets, I always sat in the first 10 rows.

Gorilla George likes this.
  14. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

yup you def have some hearing loss lol

15. I can tell you that one of my 365’s gets pretty abused and never an issue. I do maintain my stuff better than 99% of the population though.

16. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

We were shooting outdoors, with ears on- so it seemed not so loud. Now when I shoot my 8.5" BCA at the indoor range...it's ridiculously loud along with a huge fireball.

17. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

even outdoors its loud, i remember first time outdoors with my mk18 and a sandman s with no earpro..........shot once and nope

18. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

Some variant of a 320 was on my short list for my most recent purchase of the PDP. I did a lot of homework and here’s my $0.02.
    Short story, my next gun will likely be the 320 Legion AXG comp. Long story, read on.

I wouldn’t run out and buy the the first run of a new platform from Sig. They have a bit of a reputation for finishing the R&D with customers. Most recently the 365’s at launch were breaking firing pins pretty regularly. Sig never admitted there was an issue but people have taken 365’s 100% apart and there are 4 different versions aimed at improving the pin. Sig recognizes none of this.

The 320 definitely had some issues in 2016, they fixed it or they wouldn’t have gotten the military contract. Fast forward and there’s a few high profile ND’s from “highly trained police officers”, I can’t stress the sarcasm enough. Now anybody that has an ND with a 320 it’s automatically the gun’s fault. Not trying to bash cops but don’t assume because someone has a badge they are John Wick.

Two of the highest profile ones were proven to be a flat out lie and one was pure stupidity. A cop straight up did a desk pop. “It just went off, I wasn’t even touching it!” Video later showed not only was he touching it but his finger was in the trigger guard.

Another one that got a lot of press was the female officer that had an ND with it in her purse. It was loose in her purse with a bunch of other shit in an ill fitting soft sided holster. She flung her purse on to her shoulder and “it just went off”. There were plenty of things that could’ve hit the trigger through the soft holster in her purse even if it stayed in said shitty holster.

Most of the others are normal people having ND’s while trying to reholster but it couldn’t have been there shitty processes…clearly it’s the gun’s fault!

Buy a quality holster, keep your finger off the trigger, and look the gun in to the holster every time and I bet you it doesn’t magically go off.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2023
  19. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Have you considered competitive shooting of some kind? Find your discipline and prepared to be humbled. :Poke::Poke:

20. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I’m thinking he’ll be handing out the humbling. I had a customer that didn’t shoot as much but shot plenty. More importantly he shot like GG in that he pushed to be better and not just wasting ammo. I told him he needed to shoot matches and he worried he’d feel uncomfortable. I told him he’d fit right in. He won his first match he ever shot only to get DQed by some butt hurt RO over sweeping himself catching the round when he cleared his gun. I saw the video and it wasn’t even close.

speedluvn likes this.