1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

The Rad 45 and holosun 507 showed up. Put the rad on the FNX and it works well. Need some light/ laser suggestions as it’s going to be beside.
    Put the 507 on the XL 365 and it’s great. Realized how little I shoot the carry guns. My hand got all cramped up holding that little bastard. Those carry fvckers aren’t range toys. I shoot them enough to get comfortable and know they are reliable and that’s it.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  2. Personally, I like the OLIGHT Light/Laser combos

RonR likes this.
  3. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

4. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

Sig says "Nothing to see here.." but those lawsuits keep piling up, with video and witness evidence. I have first hand experience with Sig's shady practices, and this is the same company that refused to do a recall on the P320s that weren't drop safe, calling the fix an "upgrade". I read recently that the P320 is now the number #1 selling handgun in the US, so these lawsuits are going to cost them a fortune, even if the P320 doesn't really go bang on it's own without pulling the trigger.

sanee likes this.
  5. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

Ammo is always a thing for anything distance and i havent gotten that far in to this let alone think about scopes. Now that i remember, theres a guy that goes to the same range that has alot more knowledge on this as he competes in some of these 22lr matches :)

6. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I’d love to see the videos!
    There were plenty of videos of a hit to the back of the older 320’s to simulate a dropped gun with it firing but fvck if I can find any videos of this new claim that’s been going on for a while. So anyone have a link? I don’t own any but many have come through the shop.

7. I take my EDC every time I go to the range, and always end the day shooting it last. I put more rounds through my EDC than anything.

With the 2nd and 3rd most rounds being fired through my bedside and car door guns.

You are right, it isn’t as fun. I always take at least 2 other guns that are more fun. But I want to be the most comfortable with my EDC.

And I am more comfortable with this Boresight Solutions X-Macro than I have ever been with any of them.

I put the Large backstrap on the MC9, got the 507K mounted, and have a Talon grip on the way. So I’ll give it another run. But it’s gonna take a lot to unass this XM.

8. You know what I just realized, I’ve never shot a .22 in my life. Not a .22 rifle, handgun, nothing.

The smallest round I’ve ever shot is a 9mm.

Ok, technically a .223/5.56 is “smaller” than a 9mm, but you know what I mean.

9. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Get another safe, just for those.
    Comes with free Koala...

Gorilla George likes this.
  10. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Duuuuude... you're missing out. May I suggest a Ruger 10/22 Takedown with a Frankin binary trigger? Or skip the bunny hill and go Volquartzen Black Mamba.
    Or... pull out one of the AR15's you don't seem to shoot much and slap a CMMG bolt kit in it- $169 at PSA and you're shooting 22 in under a minute.

11. Tristan

After 30 days wait I finally got my S&W FPC! It was the first one in the store, all the guys at the counter wanted to play with it. Range report coming soon...

12. I like the powerful ones. I like the feel and challenge of trying to control the bigger rounds.

I’m more likely to get a 10mm than a .22.

13. Tristan

To quote a really smart dude- "get both"

14. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

There was a guy shooting a 30 carbine caliber pistol at the range. That thing looked like a handful. I have a 500 S&W that you can feel in your palm long after shooting.

15. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

You're missing out on the beauty of putting all your bullets through the same hole. Follow sanee's lead and get a precision .22 rifle. You can open a whole new world of targeting with sights that could be described as micrometers.
    I know, I know...this goes against every grain of your spray-and-pray being. :D

16. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Jesus don’t encourage him to buy all the ammo, too!

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So since this has devolved from just handguns as usual - anyone know anything about Daniel Defense stuff? Grandkid got DDM4 V7 pro in 5.56

18. fastfreddie

There's probably only a handful of suitable cartridges for precision distance shooting with .22 at the generally accepted limit of 150-200yds, maybe 300, but bullet drop gets ridiculous.
    For optics, look for something with 1/8moa, .125moa or .04mrad adjustments. It's all the same number but that finer adjustment will make a world of difference at shorter distances.

19. fastfreddie

DD is a bear let loose on the market. They're legit. From what I understand, they're good enough to have taken govt contracts away from established brands that contract with the government.
    I have a DD PDW...it's as fine a tool as any in my safe, if not the better.

20. fastfreddie

Shit, you're right. How could he not see that as a challenge?
    We can only hope that, once he figures it out, there will be a flood of handguns on the used market. :D