1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. The customer service for that Boresight website is very good.

When I went to checkout it said I already had an account and needed to login. I was surprised by that, I can't remember buying shit from them. But that doesn't really mean anything, I buy shit I forgot I already had all the time. :crackup:

But I couldn't checkout because their site security kept declining my card. I tore AMEX's ass up because it kept being declined. I hate that shit.

Then afterwards I felt bad, because it wasn't even AMEX's fault. After talking to the Boresight customer service dude, he said their website security is VERY strict because they get a lot of fraudulent activity. He said it is setup to automatically decline any order that originates with an IP address outside of the US.

But he helped me via email and got it all sorted.

Now im not sure what to do with my current P365XL. I reckon ill have to find somewhere to stash it.

2. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

I went through similar stuff. My shipping and billing addresses were different because I was working in Midland. I called and once I talked to Ben it was in the mail that day. He said he’s been hurt pretty bad on some high dollar optics, he’s still a pretty small outfit.

3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

My place. :D

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. Yep, Ben is the same guy I was dealing with. He seems like a good dude.

Hell, now that I think about it, I don't even know if $1,500 for that is a good deal or not. :crackup:

I don't know how much the X-Macro costs, how much their Razorback grip module costs, or how much the Holosun 507K costs. I reckon I shoulda done some research before pulling the trigger. But we had already been talking about the X-Macro, so I was kinda already leaning that way anyway.

Hell I don't even know if I will like their grip module. But if I don't, I can just wrap it with a Talon grip. I usually end up doing that to most of them anyway.

5. Decided to do the research.

The Razorback Competition Series grip module is $310
    Per Google the X-Macro goes from between $800-$900 and the 507K is around $300.

So the price comes up to about $1400-$1500 anyway. Which basically means I am just saving myself the trouble of having to install the grip module and mount/zero the optic.

GixxerJohn011 likes this.
  6. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Yeah optics on the pistols is a game changer. Besides my 1911 . It’s optics all the way now. It took me a little to transition after years of irons but now I prefer the RDS . Holosun or trijicon . I had a delta point pro but it always ran out of batteries .. could have been operator error but that was my experience

GixxerJohn011 and Gorilla George like this.
  7. I’ll bet I can go toe to toe on car washing stuff. Let’s start with your water filtration and go from there :)

fastfreddie likes this.
  8. Damnit. Now I need water filtration. :crackup:

Our water is actually very good. If I lived in some place like Southern Louisiana or Mississippi, I would have to have a good filtration system. But in the mountains of East TN, the water is good.

9. Comparing the stock Macro to the Boresight one, I think I will like their grip. Seems the beavertail is more pronounced, and the grip will be wider in my palm (wider meaning front to back), so I would think the reach to the trigger might be a little better. So I think I will like it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Shit i just remembered something. Please tell me we havent talked about the X-Macro before. We werent talking about the X-Macro about 3 weeks ago were we?

I just remembered I have a gun already sitting at my dealer, but I cant remember what it is.

Shit. Ok. I remembered I ordered the 4" Canik METE, then when I got there they had the 5" Rival in stock so I got it too. But what else we were talking about back then?

I got a call from my dealer the day I was leaving the country and they left a voicemail that one I ordered was delivered to them. But now I have no idea what it was. My memory is blank. Now I am just hoping it isnt an X-Macro.

GixxerJohn011 likes this.
  11. GixxerJohn011

:Poke:Did you order one from Boresight? I posted that link a few weeks ago :crackup::crackup::crackup:

12. GixxerJohn011

If you have two Boresight Macros im calling shotties on one!

13. Oh FFS that might be it!

I thought it was weird that it said I already have an account there and needed to sign in. And there wouldnt have been any drama with my card back then because I was in the US.

Fuck me. If I go up there and dude hands me 2 of the same damn thing I am gonna be pissed. :crackup:

14. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Can't you look at your orders in your account on their site?

15. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

No, because plausible deniability

16. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I picked up the Tisas 1911 yesterday. First impressions are 'wow this is a lot of 1911 for the money' ... all the little features really add up. Undercut trigger guard, polished feed ramp, skeletonized trigger and hammer, grooved trigger, a little scallop cut out on the slide lock lever so its easier to install (and avoid the idiot scratch!), came with 2 mags, take down tool, and cleaning tools too.

It locks up tight and after an initial clean/re-lube the slide feels like its on ball bearings. VERY good tolerances.

Can't wait to get to the range this weekend!!

Attached Files:

• 1911.jpg
      1911.jpg
      File size:
      262.3 KB
      Views:
  17. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

9 or 45? Love my Zigana 9mm, I think Tisas is the Turkish unknown brother of Canik

18. I have been digging back through my email, I found it now. It was the Dagger. Fuckers on here kept talking about them so I ordered one. That has to be what came in as I was leaving the country. I don't remember ordering anything else between grabbing the Caniks and now.

PSA Dagger Full Size-S SW3 RMR Cut Threaded Barrel Pistol W/ 10 -17rd Magazines, Black

19. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Good thing you threw that last line in there. Because as I read this post, the whole time I was thinking "really? just car washing stuff huh? That's the ONLY area where you have a bunch of stuff you rarely/never use?" :crackup:

20. :crackup:

I knew some ass was gonna say some shit like that. That is why I threw it in there. :D