1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

THe only reason I would ever need a light on my gun is if someone home-inasions me in the middle of the night. I have a light mounted on a Witness Protection (NFA) shotty for midnight intruders, cause I prolly cant hit anything in the dark w/ a pistol when I am half a sleep :beer:

2. SpeedyE

I agree about being well versed in clearing malfunctions. I have practiced that many a time. I am efficiant w/ that, under stress :beer:

I still wont carry a gun that hasn't been tortured and performed 100%. It's not worth the risk.
    All my stuff runs 100%. I am testing a Kahr CW-9 and the jury is still out. I tuned it quite a bit before I ever shot it, but have only got a couple hundred through it so far.....so no idea if it can be trusted yet.

3. unfast1

unfast1 Well-Known Member

Is that the new MC issued weapon they were talking about the MC buying?
    Finally somebody got rid of the Beretta.:clap:

4. John LegionST

John LegionST Well-Known Member

Purchased an XD45 tonight. It came with a TLR-1 Streamlight that I plan on leaving on it for home protection. If I ever carry it I will remove the light.

Put 30 rounds through it tonight and I am very pleased, the only thing I have to compare it to though are a Ruger SR40c I shot a few days ago and a Glock23 I shot a few years ago. This felt the most natural of the 3 and I really like the safety/setup on the XD's.

5. John LegionST

Oh, we also shot a Kimber 1911 .45 which was AMAZING, but out of my budget. And I was lucky enough to get to fire a S&W .500. WOW. Thanks Huey!!!

6. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

No, its a Springfield Pro with full length rail. Soft units have stepped away from the Beretta a long time ago, MARSOC has been running around with several different versions of the 1911 as I understand it for some time.

7. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

I keep lights on all of my pistols/rifles. Why not? If I need it, its there. If not, then its no hinderance. The only exception is IWB holsters, but then I carry a small surefire with me most of the time.

With that of course is the knowledge of how to use your weapon mounted light correctly... but thats a whole different topic....

8. SpeedyE

No, I'm with you....if I was using handgun for home defense I would also have a light. I have a shotty, so I lock my pistol up at night. No, a light is definitely necessary on weapon in your home.
    :beer:

9. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

If someone offers to let you shoot 700 grn handloads for a 500 just say no...
    Those made my kidneys hurt.

10. John LegionST

No idea what grain they were, but were loud enough to make a bunch of people at the range stop what they were doing and look over haha

Not only is it a hand cannon, Huey is a crack shot with it... 1" off Bull w/ one shot at 50'

11. mgrant

mgrant Well-Known Member

I picked up HK45C tactical a couple weeks ago. My first 45. Added a C5L laser/light. It's so lw, weapon doesn't feel any different.

Yesterday ordered Seecamp 380 for cc. Haven't got it yet.

12. jeremy dunn

jeremy dunn Well-Known Member

I went to the range today with my Dad & a friend of mine, we had my S&W SD9, my dads 9mm & my friends Kahr MK40 & Glock 27. I liked the Kahr but my dad & I loved the Glock, I was amazed with the lack of kick from a subcompact. He also had the 9mm conversion for it & switched out the barrels so we could shoot it as a 9mm too. My dad & I were surprised at how much tighter of a grouping & how much more consistant we were with the Glock. I think I see 2 Glock purchases in our future, lol. I'm thinking about going with the 26 or the 17, I dont really care too much about being able to switch calibers on it.

13. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

Okay all knowing beeb I've got a question about transferring a shotgun.

I live in western PA. I sold my mossberg shotgun(privately) to my best friend a few years back. Obviously with the political pot stirring I want to make sure both of us are covered in the event it is used or stolen. We wrote up a *professional* bill of sale but I cant figure out if thats enough.

What I am reading is that private rifle/shotgun sales in PA do not need to go through a dealer. I would call and ask a dealer but I really do not trust them to not take advantage of us and make a buck. I have several friends who are LEOs who are not completely clear on the subject. Some say dont worry about it and others say go through a dealer.

My biggest hang up on just biting the bullet with a dealer: How do they know I(or anyone else for that matter) am the original owner/purchaser?

I am all for being better safe than sorry but only if its legitimately going to benefit us. I appreciate any insight, feel free to call me a dumbass/cheapskate :D

14. Rocko3927

Rocko3927 New Member

15. Chango

Chango Something clever!

I just officially gave up on getting an M&P Shield in 9mm since nobody has one and when they get one it is sold within minutes... But I did find an M&P40c in stock and decided that having the gun in my hand was better than hoping to get one in my hand at some point in the future... The compact is a smidge larger than the Shield, but will still conceal nicely. Plus, I have actually seen .40S&W on store shelves lately.

16. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

I am going to get in line for the new Ruger SR1911 CMD (one with a 4: barrel)

Probably be a while since the standard 1911's around here are either overpriced or not available.

17. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Seen the new Glock 30S? Pretty sweet lil .45 package right there.

18. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

congrats on your new gun. I got lucky and found a 9mm shield a couple months ago. Maybe with Springfield announcing the future release of a xds9mm it will free up the S&W. 9MM shield.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/01/15/springfield-xds-9mm/

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  19. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

Not yet, but I will take a look

20. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Damn, anyone wanna buy a Glock 36? :D