I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Mille R

Mille R Well-Known Member

Do you guys realize

That I posted a link where the shield is in stock at a very good price :rolleyes::rolleyes:

2. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

I have one or I would of jumped on it !!!!

3. Mille R

Mille R Well-Known Member

Exactly, I post a link and a few posts follow where people say they can't find one. Funny :)

4. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

I feel for you guys. There are plenty of handguns avaliable around here...long guns not so much. Unless its a bolt action hunting rifle or a shotgun thats the furthest thing from tactical you can imagine, forget it.

How long until the madness ends?

5. frackadelic

frackadelic Buddha Stalin is Chronic

6. frackadelic

FYI, I bought an LC9 for my wife and she really likes it. It seems to be a very well-made gun, but I've had some serious FTE issues with it. Some say it needs to be broken in (it is VERY tight), others say call Ruger. I've put about 2-300 rounds through it and still no change. I called today and they said I shouldn't be using non-self-defense ammo in it :rolleyes: I asked what if I just wanted to take it to the range? They told me it was not designed for that. I'll be sending it back to them soon. Shame, because I really like the feel. The trigger pull is not as bad as everyone says. A few shots and you are used to it. I'd love to pick up a Shield to compare though.

7. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

Hmmm, interesting. Was thinking about either a LC9 or Airweight/LCR for CC and another gun to shoot at the range. That's no good if I can't put FMJ through it.

8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

What they likely meant is a defensive handgun is not a range gun. Most are not designed for hundreds of rounds at a sitting. Many of these micro-compacts have parts with a very short service life. The recoil spring and other internals have a fixed service life far less than a thousand rds before replacement. People don't bother to learn this stuff then they complain when the gun begins to malfunction or the lightweight frame cracks.

9. frackadelic

No, he specified that it was not designed to fire rounds that are not specifically made for self-defense. Which I think is absolute BS.

10. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

where do you shoot in the ws area? I go to www.tripletargetrange.com you are more than welcome to try my shield and xds If we can find extra ammo.lol

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Which is why a little revolver is so much better for this than an auto. Just pull the trigger and it goes bang. Nothing to jam, nothing to hang up, nothing to clear if a round is a dud. K.I.S.S.

12. frackadelic

I love my little ruger LCR!

13. frackadelic

Ah cool, I've never heard of them! I usually just go to ProShots or Sportsman's lodge if I need to shoot indoors. But I prefer outdoors at friends' places if at possible. I'll give you a heads up next time if you'd like, and thanks for the offer.

14. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

I just ordered a Shield a couple weeks ago. Hoping to get it in about a month or so.
    I needed something that was easier to carry IWB.
    After that, I might get an LCP for something even easier to pocket carry.

15. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

Great little gun wish I wouldnt have sold mine(was for a good cause, funds towards new race bike). But I have replaced it with a .357 snub SP101 now, also a great gun.

16. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

that would be great. thanks.

17. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

What's your opinion of the LCR vs airweight? I've heard the LCR has a much nicer trigger, but the airweight has a thinner grip.

18. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

Rented a LCP a few weeks ago. Didn't like it. Guess I'll stick with shield or xds

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Bizarre indeed. I'd have to know what that meant. No steel casings? No lead nose? Never owned anything from Ruger but that is confusing. I do have a rule I won't keep anything that is picky on what brand or type of rds it feeds. All my handguns and long arms are reliable with whatever is available. Well they were until that unreported fire and boating accident.

20. frackadelic

I agree with 100% of what you just said. I can understand if there is a problem with the firearm, things happen. But from Ruger, I never expected a line like that. I'm glad this thread came about...I'm going to go ahead and send it back and see what they say. I'm just surprised - I could probably stick a 12 gauge shotgun shell covered in dirt, bent, and frozen solid in my 10/22 and it would fire perfectly. Not being able to fire (not even close to bottom of the barrel) FMJ is totally unacceptable.