1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hutchy rides again!

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

This guy's leg was literally dead, it was dead flesh. I saw the video of his recovery a while back and his leg was just skab over bone with pins and apparatus stuck all through it. It's a miracle he even has a leg let alone is using it. He said he screamed at the docs not to take it because they were going to lop it off.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=46195

2. simonburic

simonburic Runs Wide

Good for him, I read an article with him and Guy Martin a while back. Seemed like a pretty normal dude all and all.

3. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

I have been following and watching the TT coverage on HD theatre and they had a long interview with him, as well as clips from the race when he crashed and then was hit. He is one lucky dude for sure.. His feat of winning em all at the Isle of ManTT last year won't soon be beat.

4. benfer

benfer steadily going faster

awesome for him. I saw that interview about his recovery, very lucky to have a leg at all.

5. sk8rat

sk8rat Well-Known Member

That's awesome news to hear

6. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

definitely amazing he is riding again. crazy that he races on the roads and had a near career ending (not to mention life threatening) injury on a closed course....

7. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

post interview please.

also... if he can't shift how is he gonna transfer weight quickly? is he planning on coming back to race? or just coming back to be able to ride a bike again but that's it? he's still got a fair amount of years left, hopefully its race.

8. ton

ton Arf!

he led the parade laps at the IOMTT this year with a full leg external fixator halo. fired a wheelie under the bridge down Bray hill, then trash talked Hayden, Doohan, etc. for going so slow. "we weren't out there to wave at the crowd..."

he'll be racing again.

9. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

How awkward would it be to have to shift with the right foot? That dude is an animal!!!

10. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Not that bad, I do it all the time.

11. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

proper motorcycles shift on the right:)
    the two nortons ill be on next weekend shift on the right;)

12. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Balls. That man has huge honking balls!

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

Awesome Awesome News!

14. 418

418 Expert #59

:up:

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Third at Macau after an early lead. That is an epic ride by any stretch.

16. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Tough place to make a return, but he did very well. Hoping he's back on form next year whatever he does.

17. Biggboi

Biggboi wera novice #446

hutchy

And I complain about my knee hurting and his leg is not even alive.

18. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

The man is cursed. Another break, same leg, different spot.

19. light 3

light 3 the bot

i read that. awful news. hopefully, everything works out and he heals up quick and well.

20. GM GIXXER

GM GIXXER Well-Known Member

Absolutely shitty luck...:(

Heal up quick, Hutchy!:up: