1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

huh? stoner wanted to ride in place of pedro?

Discussion in 'General' started by crazymofo, Apr 3, 2015.

1. crazymofo

crazymofo Then i was like...Braaap!

2. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

The beginning of a 150+ post thread....

3. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

4. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

5. jt21

jt21 JFugginT

Well surely Stoner would have performed better than Aoyama.. maybe that was the thing they were worried about..

6. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Thank you. I tried to go find something like that and post it but I kept ending up on cheerleader sites.

7. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

What the eff?

8. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

That's a hilarious picture....can't you see it?????

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

[​IMG]

:moon:

10. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

My eyetalian is not very good but here is my translation: "It would have been an honor to ride for Dani at COTA but, it wasn't meant to be... because I already have a fishing trip planned that weekend."

11. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I'm guessing the concern would be if Stoner outperformed Danni it would make Honda look foolish.

Have they ever put a replacement rider on a bike who had a real chance of doing better than the injured factory rider?

I'm thinking there's a laundry list of reasons they wouldn't want to risk that.

12. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Stoner has already outperformed Dani so that would not be the issue. If you said Nicky I would agree.

13. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

It wasn't Honda, but Troy Bayliss replacing Sete Gibernau at Valencia in 2006 and taking the win definitely fits the bill.

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

" And it's true it would be nice for the fans, but Stoner, although he continues to experiment for us, did not know the track."

neither does Hiroshi....

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

16. nitto182

nitto182 Well-Known Member

Pedrosa has taken two second place finishes at COTA, Stoner isn't going to be duplicating that after this long of a hiatus. Aoyama is already on salary, Stoner would be an additional expense. That being said why the fuck wouldn't you put that whinny Australian wiener back on a honda!?? Same case as Bayliss in WSBK, you'd be bringing a much bigger draw to the weekend!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
  17. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Aoyama finished 12th in last years race.

18. BigBird

BigBird blah

You're right

I misremembered. :beer:

I think Stoner would beat him without knowing the track.

19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Stoner would still be a threat to win even with him never racing there before. He's learned new tracks before.

20. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Not sure it was at all expected (rain race), but Nakasuga filling in for Spies at the 2012 Valencia round is a data point.