1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy S@#t the field is stacked @ the 2021 Daytona 200

Discussion in 'General' started by Pneumatico Delle Vittorie, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

:D I remember one year during the ROC weekend, a bunch of people I know stuffed about 6-7 of themselves into one room at the Beachcomer. (NOT Beachcomber!) They pulled the mattress off of one of the box springs and laid it on the floor so that they had three beds. They went to the track after the first night, and when they returned at the end of the day, they found that Housekeeping came up with another set of sheets and bedding and made all three beds!
    I came out there one night and we went out to dinner. I was driving a white Caddy for a rental and we filled that car to go out. After dinner we went back out to the parking lot. One of them ran ahead and when we caught up to him, he was sitting on top of the white Cadillac. Unfortunately, it wasn't the white Cadillac that I was driving, mine was beyond the next set of bushes in the parking lot.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    stk0308 likes this.
  2. Johnny B

Well, you can breathe easier knowning that the Loudon contingent of cornerworkers won't stink. Machete and friends will be camping in his motor home near NASCAR Turns 1-2. :p

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

New Hampshire? They come already pre stinky. Patchouli oil and that weird smell like an art teacher's office. :D

4. pscook

pscook Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

SuddenBraking and Chino52405 like this.
  5. Muz720

Muz720 Well-Known Member

MELK-MAN likes this.
  6. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

MELK-MAN and stk0308 like this.
  7. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

8. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

The "Turtle curbing" looks to be removable. If they take that stuff out for the bikes, I think it will be fine, although bikes will just run over the concrete where the "Turtle curbing" is mounted making the chicane a even less of a chicane. I am guessing wide open before they even get to the apex of 2nd "right" for the 600s.

I see disaster if they leave that "turtle curbing" in place. If someone hits that with a bike there is going to be carnage.

R1M370, badmoon692008 and BigBird like this.
  9. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

With the way bikes are coming through there all out of shape to begin with, I sure hope that curbing is removable as there's certainly going to be some nasty carnage.

BigBird likes this.
  10. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

You guys are looking at the turtle, I'm looking at the huge patch of rumble stripping. That's what they are adding.

turbulence likes this.
  11. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

From what I remember from the video of the race, the turtles were not there at the last NASCAR race either. They were only on the front stretch chicane.
    I don't see those rumble strips being a significant issue for the bikes. I don't think they are close to full lean going through that part of the chicane as they are already on the gas, and if the turtles are not there, they will just avoid the rumble strips by running on the concrete base for the turtles instead of over the rumble strips anyway.

stk0308 likes this.
  12. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Only an issue for Farrell. That crazy fucker has been known to go through the grass on the entrance to the chicane.

13. RxRC

RxRC Well-Known Member

When I was spectating there we pitched a tent in some guys yard just off of the strip.

14. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

No

stk0308 and MELK-MAN like this.
  15. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

R1M370 likes this.
  16. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

seems like a good way to become registered...

redtailracing likes this.
  17. Johnny B

Kevin Elliot says that it is in the works. Wait for the big announcement.

05Yamabomber likes this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Shouldn't bother the bikes.

20. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

They should do like MotoGP and pave the dirt area, paint it green and tell the drivers/riders that if they touch the green, they'll be penalized.