1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy S@#t the field is stacked @ the 2021 Daytona 200

Discussion in 'General' started by Pneumatico Delle Vittorie, Jan 30, 2021.

1. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Years of frustration turn to gold as Jason Farrell drafts by several for the win.

rafa, Bloodhound, Funkm05 and 3 others like this.
  2. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

I would be surprised if he's top 5. Shocked with a podium. That said, this track should suit his skillset better than most. Certainly adds to the flavor at minimum.

cav115 and Quicktoy like this.
  3. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I just wanna hear his interview after he gets off the bike after the first practice and goes HOLY F*|!{

ducnut and motion like this.
  4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I wanna hear him talk about "The American Mountain" :D

jdmosley43, rice r0cket and Quicktoy like this.
  5. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

For real though. That's a big life goal for the dude and he puts his all into it ever year. So many different variables and circumstances.

6. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

I don't see Dunlop would be bothered by Daytona, pretty boring track compared to the roads he's used to racing on. Dude might yawn when he gets off the bike in the pits lol

7. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

nothing boring about doin 175+- repeatedly, with other riders drafting you, you drafting them, getting pulled to the side a bit as they are along side.. the track itself may make some riders bored, but the RACING is nothing short of exhilarating at this place.

Gino230, 969, Thistle and 9 others like this.
  8. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Yeah but I still don't think it's anything close to what they do in the real road racing series.

They are bar to bar with less asphalt, less or no air fence, just as fast if not faster, and about zero runoff.
    Daytona is intimidating but don't thinks it's half the monster that those European road racers deal with.

9. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

I spoke with someone at ASRA and they are not sure if it will be televised/streamed. They are working on a camera package but he was not sure where they were at in those negotiations. Fingers crossed!

10. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Thinking of that group of racers dicing at the front in 2019, I just can't fathom any of them out racing Michael Dunlop or running a pace he can't match. I'd understand if it were Barber or Laguna Seca, but Daytona will give him trouble...? High speed drafting into hard braking zones seems like it should suit him.

malamute, cav115 and R1M370 like this.
  11. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

When MotoGP riders call TT riders crazy, you know they're racing on another level.:D

The Todd and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  12. Buell1965

Buell1965 Well-Known Member

Gonna take your word for it , lotta fast guys on the board and very few as fast as you and hope the healing is going well sir .

13. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

The first time at Daytona is tough and especially if you're racing in the 200. Friday has 4 Daytona only practice/qualifying sessions, then on Saturday (race day) there's one before the race.
    So if you are chasing bike set up, finding and then trying to miss the bumps, sorting thru tire compound choice, then tire & fuel mileage/pit stop strategy you get crazy busy. And if you crash that just adds to the stress & work load. And yes you can enter more classes and run more practice sessions but that puts more time on the motor, chain, tire bill, etc. IMO to do well & get top 5 the first time there you have to be very lucky.

14. Quicktoy

I agree but if he brings a bike even 5hp down, doesn’t learn the lines fast enough or is chasing gearing and tires, he’s done before he showed up.

KneeDragger_c69 and cav115 like this.
  15. jdmosley43

jdmosley43 Well-Known Member

Come on Broome.. Hickey is winning in BSB.. Glen Irwin steps over and dices with the top 5.. Sit down.

The Great One and Gixxerguy855 like this.
  16. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

I never said he was going to win it, just that he probably won't be intimidated by the track.

jdmosley43 likes this.
  17. Quicktoy

Oh I know. I was saying for those who think he may be a front runner. I was just saying the deck is still stacked against him.

jdmosley43 and R1M370 like this.
  18. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

His team should do very well on pit stops with their experience and I think he'll be in the top 5 if the bike is up to the task. Also pretty confident that he's physically able to run up front all race and be there for the last laps battle.

Quicktoy likes this.
  19. Quicktoy

My problem is I’ll be hiking the summit of keystone exactly when the 200 starts :/

R1M370 likes this.
  20. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

1st world problem

The Todd and Quicktoy like this.