1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy $#!+. My wife is in the middle of an active shooter.

Discussion in 'General' started by auminer, May 6, 2023.

1. cbush

cbush Well-Known Member

Yep - public opinion influences representatives who propose legislation reflecting the will of their constituents, and the executive then signs it (or not).

Pretty sure that’s how a representative republic is supposed to work.

2. This old Rz

This old Rz Well-Known Member

Your absolutely irrefutably correct on every point.
    I've lived long enough to know...I know people and I see the same thing that you see.

It's a disease with no cure. A terminal cancer in America

Personal fights used to be just that... A fight
    Win or lose you threw some punches and that was it...then you got on with your life.
    Anyone whom argues that fact of how it was, is just ignorant of how it used to be.
    The new generations don't have the learned skills that we had as far as personal communication and basic act of living together.

The millions of homeless you see on the West Coast the big cities through the Midwest and flooding the East Coast cities..Gimmie a break.. they're NOT all mentally challenged. Not even remotely close.

It's likely a sign of what's coming en masse ...to our society, It's The new standard/working class/ generation whatever you want to call it.

Starting with many millennials..it's a generation of individuals, whom know not how to communicate face to face, there unable to "read" people, they are desperate and hungry for attention, unable to achieve the classic "American dream"

Even things as subtle as the tattoo craze, which is in fact a strong example of the mindset of emerging generations

Everyone's so so focused on self worth, demand for recognition,respect..let alone possessions and appearances from the outside in....

You now have a large part of the population, that is inept, weak, helpless cannot function with the hive.. doesn't matter if they shovel dirt or become professionals ..alot of these people are the future of you and I.

It cannot be argued in any capacity..
    Ingredients:
    More unstable population, w lost or no morals, no goals and if they do, often no way to achieve them in this economy.

Frustration, Jealousy, insecure. Taught that hard work will give you success...but now you see it's impossible..it goes against everything you've been taught...
    No wonder these people are losing their sh#t.
    And it seems anyone can score just about any weapon they want... Not just guns..just look at that youngster that stabbed everyone in Stanford. They don't care...it's just better killing machines are avail and beyond prevalent.

This mindset now than ever ingrained is into society.
    Show me a kid in that generation that's not obsessed with Navy Seal Team 6 military, militarized police mentality, Grand Theft Auto, or Super Hero movies...there subliminally or blatantly influenced at life from behind a keyboard.

This POS in Dallas is a perfect example. His age, ex wanna be soldier, purchased "wanna-be" guns, and "wanna -be" body armour..
    And only "one way to achieve fame or notoriety"
    Desperate for recognition at ANY cost :-(

Bottom line:
    VASTLY more social division + "any" weapon of your choice= increased death.
    "Math Doesn't Lie"

There's no solution..no answer...likely no recovery.

Change will have to be ,tranceding and very harsh..that ain't gonna happen.

Last edited: May 8, 2023
    Wingnut and SpeedyE like this.
  3. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

See, Im more optimistic. I see that more folks are aware of the cancer, and pushing back. We are collectively starting to understand who is behind the division and chaos.

This should be the worst right now followed by another 80 yrs of better times.

britx303 and cbush like this.
  4. cbush

cbush Well-Known Member

I’m inclined to agree, although I’m concerned that what we’re seeing here in America is symptomatic of a global phenomenon and that we haven’t seen the worst yet.

britx303 and Spang308 like this.
  5. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Finally a Bush that gets it.
    :crackup:

cbush, Sabre699, Phl218 and 1 other person like this.
  6. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

You think we’ve already hit rock bottom??? o_O It’s been said before by the OP……..”it was a good run”, and I couldn’t agree more. We’re toast.

SpeedyE and Phl218 like this.
  7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

bpro, ToofPic, This old Rz and 4 others like this.
  8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

People have said that about the USA since the first Congress.

9. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Cite

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Attention all:

We are still accepting additional applications, while there is time, for month-long vacations on promotion this week. The news sources thread is also still open for business.

11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Hey, man... It's common policy to ban the thread starter in these situations. That would be more fugged up than a hashish donut in this case. o_O

Sabre699 likes this.
  12. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

#honeypots

13. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

[​IMG]

14. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I've got that hanging behind my parts counter. :crackup:

Steeltoe likes this.
  15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

16. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Used to wear one just like that on my chest at my rider's meetings. :beer:

Banditracer likes this.
  17. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Maybe, maybe not. But we're talking 80 yr cycles here. This 4th turning has been going on for almost 20 yrs so far. Id say we're closer to the end than the beginning.

Im marking the rock bottom point as the Bud Light Revolution!

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

19. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

"The 4th Turning"
    Good book too,

Strauss-Howe generational theory..

20. backbone

backbone scarred for life

That and back in the 50's you could snetence your wife to one if you just wanted to get rid of her.

SpeedyE likes this.