1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hobbies (non mc related ones), let's hear them???

Discussion in 'General' started by XFBO, Dec 30, 2015.

1. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Photography has been a pretty great hobby to me since I picked it up back in 2011. Something that I feel has one of the best returns against your original investment and I'm always learning new things.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

After seeing cooking as a hobby it never dawned on me that cooking has been my hobby. I like to eat and I've always thought that I should learn to prepare equivalent meals to what I can order in a restaurant.
    Well when my daughter was born and the doctor gave us the green light to start her on solid food I did not want to go the tasteless jars of baby food route. Instead I prepared her fresh foods. No processed foods with ingredients that I could barely pronounce.

After that my hobby took off from there. I then wanted to reproduce the foods that I grew up on but did not wish to ask my mother to cook, i.e apple pie with soft apples and thick crust, black bottom cup cakes and other dishes. Then Alton Brown created an interest in with his "Good Eats" show that explained the science of cooking. What function the ingredients in your recipes serve. From there it went to maximizing recipe yields. If a cookie recipe indicates it should make this number of cookies I strive for that number and a uniform consistency of my dishes. Does it always happen, no but that's what I strive for.

3. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Damn! i want that first picture to hang in my guitar room, That is a great shot!

bored&stroked likes this.
  4. NemesisR6

5. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

10.79383oz
    0.3174657oz
    7.125341oz
    0.07054793oz
    0.1410959oz

Happy now?

6. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Well it's a start. :rolleyes:

7. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I just like making things. Learned to weld a few years ago, trying to get a lathe and/or mill and going to learn some machining. For now when I'm not working on a bike project I make metal and wood furniture. This spring I'm going to start building a pro touring/autoX truck out of an 80s Chevy C10. In the summer I play a shitload of softball.

Metalhead likes this.
  8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

36hz is pretty good from an 8"? driver. I've toying with the idea of building a couple subs. Some of the DIY kits are ok, but I'm considering a horn loaded sub instead. I've never heard one, but heard many people like them, they just take up a lot of room. There's one that gets down to 10hz, but it's 30 cu ft.

9. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

From everything I've read up on the subject, all measurements are best and most accurate by weight, hence what you got, not volume. ;)

Yes, it's actually a steel plate but they call them stones as well. This is the one I ordered awhile back but in 1/4" thickness, they don't seem to have that one at the moment....

http://www.amazon.com/NerdChef-Stee...?srs=9453142011&ie=UTF8&qid=1451854079&sr=8-1

I really don't know the answer with the peel issue, I've made 10-16" rectangular pies and they all managed to stick more times than I care to think about. It could just be me and my routine or there lack of....I don't know! So if any of the other pro's have suggestions, I'm all ears!!! All I can tell ya is once I'm done working the dough and ready for the toppings, I've put down a good amount of flour and/or a flour/cornmeal mix we have and by the time I'm done dressing the pie, it seems like the fvcker is already stuck to the peel in a few spots. I always check it before I try flinging it in the oven, will usually have the lil lady toss in some more as I'm lifting the edges up and what was a good looking pizza pie gets all mangled looking...lol. Live and learn I guess!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  10. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

If you are getting stick that fast then the dough is probably too wet. It's saturating the flour or cornmeal before you get the pie ready.

11. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

USS Constellation?

12. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Bingo, I suspect that is the problem as well, and I might have to try less water on my next batch just to see if it helps.

13. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

I know some who have done a kitted parts express sub and are pretty happy with them, I'll say what my sub builder (Jim Salk of Salk speakers) said when he talked me out of a 15 inch, "What are you trying to do, recreate a earthquake? "I went with a 12 inch, it goes down to sub 20 hz and depending on my levels people in my building may not hear it but they sure as hell feel it. This is in a building built like a bomb shelter.

My speaker setup feeds Magnepan DWM panels that handle 40hz to 200hz freeing the Magnepan MMG's of everything below 200, the Salk sub handles 60hz down to about 14hz. It's a seamless solution (to my hearing) Pushed with my 1000 watt into 4 ohms amp it handles any genre I care to throw at it.[​IMG] [​IMG]

14. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Most of my hobbies have turned into jobs. Audio-job. Chainsaws-job. Tractors-job. I'll still launch the occasional rocket and my wife and I both enjoy going to the shooting range with the pistols.

15. NemesisR6

The big one in the foreground is the El Galeon along with the Nao Victoria, immaculately built replica tall ships that travel the world.

They happened to be moored at the marina near the Bride of Lions in St. Augustine, FL when I vacationed there. Was walking back towards our hotel when a very large thunderstorm was rolling in. Got real lucky with this one, as about 5 minutes after this shot was taken the sky opened up and I didn't have any foul weather gear. Just enough time to set up a tripod, get a few long exposure snaps, and high-tail it back down the bridge. Was stuck under a bank teller drive-thru for nearly an hour afterwards.

Lawn Dart and XFBO like this.
  16. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Nashville Boat Show is this weekend... Gotta pick out a new bottomless pit in which to (gleefully) throw money... :cool:

17. Pretty darn good at your hobby sir.

NemesisR6 likes this.
  18. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Definitely time on the lake on stand ups with friends or in the Ski boat with the Kids... IPA's and Poker as well...

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

Awesome stuff. I may have to pick your brain.

Before bikes, I tried to make sure whatever car I had was an AutoX capable winning car. After a bunch of cars, the Mazda RX-8 was my choice in B Stock. It seems the new Stock car classes don't make that much sense to me, but at least you don't need R-compound rubber any longer.

What class/car are you running?

20. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Pretty cool stuff right there. I love chasing down old Spanish towns and mission sites here in Florida. There's a whole bunch of them just out in the middle of nowhere and nobody really k owns about them. The trick to finding them is in the research.